Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I *had* a 2000 RC51.. until one day when it got nicked out of my carport. Luckily the racebike and dirtbike were tied together, but the RC was my daily driver and I rarely chained it up.

3 other bikes later..

I found a 2006 RC51 for sale..
SOLD.

I made a custom seat for the passenger and created custom pegs based on where my ex used to ride with me.

Not sure if anyone else has done this, but putting the passenger forward allows me to ride with them, almost as fast as I do when solo. Let's face it the passenger amenities are a complete afterthought on the RC.

I do have three questions though:

1. As you can see I have these bonzai mount Jardine pipes. Does anyone have PC maps for these?

2. I'm looking for a rear-hugger/chain gaurd. $300 for a hugger is insane. I've seen some suggestions of a 03 cbr600 mod.. but need more info before venturing out into the unknown. Has anyone done this mod? Other huggers made for the SP2?

3. I'm looking to replace the front turn indicators. Yes those billet aluminium ones from what's-his-name are neat.. but again way to pricey. Anyone have some pics of affordable ones?

(sorry about the less than stellar picture quality.)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Or move your signals into the eyebrows of the headlights. I have the flush mounts and signals in the headlights, works pretty good. I have about $70 wrapped up into both of them.

BTW, I am interested in your rear seat and rear peg setup. I just switched to Hi-mounts and my woman is not so happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which flush mounts are those? Can't seem to find them.
The rear sets and seat are custom. It's a mix of steel, aluminum, and a generic set of pegs (I used the passenger pegs of a older 250 Ninja.)

I'll draw up some simple plans if anyone is interested.

The pegs should really be a reflection of where the seat is, so keep that in mind.

My seat here is the stock seat with some very dense pack foam shaped to mirror both the curve of the top of the tail, and the curve of the back of the seat. Then a small layer (1/3 inch) of softer foam on the pillion seat section, and then covered. The upholstery guy (Mr. Stitch in San Mateo, Ca) had his own really soft 1/4 inch padding on the pack of all the marine grade vinyl. So I actually had to do the seat twice as I wasn't anticipating his extra padding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.