Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who helped in my decision. I did buy the 2003 RC51. I was planing on picking it up this comming sat but the dealer did say I could store it there until april. The dealer did offer to re dyno and map the bike for me so I have a question.

I care more about mid range and high end power what sprocket set up should I look at?

Currently the bike is has stock sprockets.

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint) 11,900 miles

Comes with both seats (racing cowl and pass seat)

Shop manual on PDF (from the orig owner)

Frame sliders (done right)

full micron dual exhaust. Stock air filters.

Power Commander III and all CD's plus the Map to the bike.

under tail with intergrated break and turn singles

Flush mount turn singals

red painted wheels

HID bulbs (no not a HID kit)

·
Registered
82 Posts
one less on the front and 2more on the rear is perfect and you keep the same chain length.

plus you need a speedo healer which are around £70 -$100

your gonna love the sp if your wrist's are good lol as there great to own and ride

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done some research and I have found that 2 brothers racing actually make a pipe designed for the RC51.

What is the difference you think from the full micron I have currently to the 2 brothers set up?

Also I have heard horror stories about the power commanders on the RC51 and I should goto something different any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I have done some research and I have found that 2 brothers racing actually make a pipe designed for the RC51.

What is the difference you think from the full micron I have currently to the 2 brothers set up?

Also I have heard horror stories about the power commanders on the RC51 and I should goto something different any suggestions?
Micron makes good stuff, don't waste your money on a Two Brothers, most likely you will not gain anything from it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Micron makes good stuff, don't waste your money on a Two Brothers, most likely you will not gain anything from it.

Yeah thats what I was thinking but a friend of a friend who I talked to today said he has a 02 RC51 and that the 2brothers has a special kit for the RC51.

also anyone ever try

Techlusion Fuel Injection Control Box Honda RC51 from KneeDraggers.com at SHOP.COM

I was told that the PCIII isnt good if your going to be riding a RC51 in a wide range of enviroments and that a system that self learns would actually be better.

And for the RC51 whats a better searing damper?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.