Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a 3200mi trip on my '08 1000rr with a stock seat. I made it but I started hurting around 2200 miles and it was hard to find a comfortable spot. I expected this of course but for future rides I'd like an upgrade to the seat.

Do any of you have a positive experience with any aftermarket seats for the 1000rr? I don't race, I just ride street so comfort is most important.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Seems like people on the lighter side, like Sargent. People of a little more, um, girth, prefer Corbin, as a . :D About 200lbs is the dividing line.
One thing I know from reading posts, Corbin uses harder foam and people always say there's a break-in period of up to a year or more. Sargents require no break-in. They're comfortable from day one.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Seems like people on the lighter side, like Sargent. People of a little more, um, girth, prefer Corbin, as a . :D About 200lbs is the dividing line.
One thing I know from reading posts, Corbin uses harder foam and people always say there's a break-in period of up to a year or more. Sargents require no break-in. They're comfortable from day one.
Unless you're a really big fatty and then they feel mighty fine from the off ! :eyebrows: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have a Sargent on my 954, a friend has a Corbin on his. Bith are very comfortable. I've also seen people re-do their own seats that came out very nice. Plenty of options there

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I put somewhere in a post an idea my friend did. He had his seat stripped down and custom memory foam put into it. Once compressed into shape and re-covered it added just a hair bit of height, pretty much un-noticeable, and he loved it. He did a lot of 500+ miles in one day trips and never complained after he was done. I think he was all-in at $120 from the upholsterer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmm. That sounds like a good idea. My uncle had that done on his Harley... but I hadnt considered it for smaller sport bike seats. I'll have to look into that

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I know it is one I'm considering in the very near future. The RC51 lacked anything resembling cushioning in the seat.... and for $120(ish) to be able to ride longer with less breaks.. totally worth it. Plus a corbin/sergant costs what, about $200-$300. Always worth giving the cheaper option a go first, especially when others have done and liked it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts