Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends Uncle decided to be a sponsor for me and is buying my new custom leathers. Can't decide if I want Vanson or Bates, but I'm thinking about going with Vanson. What would you choose?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Z Custom :thumb: . Bates is no longer what they used to be and although Vanson is generally good stuff, I disagree with their Pro Stunt endorsements (interestingly, much of their promotional information for the StarBoyz has them running without any gear including Vanson products).

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be going with the Drag suit (DR-2). I saw that about the stunting endorsements. Don't agree with that either, but know they do make an excellent product.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I've always been really impressed w/ the vanson stuff. Especially for drag racing where you aren't moving around on the bike as much as road racing. The vanson suits are great, but maybe not as easy to move around in from what I've seen.

I've only worn 1 Vanson suit.

HD

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
+1 for Vansons. Having tested a Vanson suit firsthand, I can highly recommend them. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
another vote for Vanson but its cause they are local to me. I don't like that if you don't want them to put their patches on the suit it costs you $50 (I understand why but it just seems dumb to me especially since its less work for them)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Bah, don't support the Starfagz, and the glamorizing of street stunting. No Vanson.

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Abtech! I'll give her a call tomorrow..maybe we can become a dealer with them. Vanson is only offering 10% discount (on a custom drag suit), at dealer cost which we already have.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
luvtolean said:
Bah, don't support the Starfagz, and the glamorizing of street stunting. No Vanson.
I don't care who they sponsor when it comes to my hide. :D

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I do, when there are plenty of good people out there, making better products than Vanson.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hmmm. Does Z leathers have off the rack stuff...gotta go check the website. I'm thinking I'd like to get a 2 piece suit for the street. Problem, as always, is finding good stuff off the rack in women's sizes. :rant:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Hmmm. Does Z leathers have off the rack stuff...gotta go check the website. I'm thinking I'd like to get a 2 piece suit for the street. Problem, as always, is finding good stuff off the rack in women's sizes. :rant:
Give Debbie a call. She may be able to hook you up in something custom for near off the rack pricing.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
abtech said:
Give Debbie a call. She may be able to hook you up in something custom for near off the rack pricing.
:thumb: That would work. Vanson has off the rack women's stuff, but they've got this funky 3 piece zipper configuration that I'm not too keen on. Guess they did it to give you close to a full-circumference zipper, while retaining their adjustable waistband on the jacket. I don't think I like it, although I haven't tried any on and fiddled with them. Gotta go up there to get my one-piece altered, so I'll look, but I don't think I'll be impressed...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts