Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my bike back from the dealer this afternoon, after being without it for over a week. After a bit of arguing they agreed to install the stator I provided, at no charge. Friday will be 4 weeks that I've had the bike. I got a new one from RM stator, they are in Quebec. The stator was $165 CDN delivered to my door. I ordered Monday but that was a holiday here so they shipped on Tuesday and I got the part Wednesday. I was quoted $472 list from the dealer which they said they would give me at cost for $312.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did the same thing in my truck but with a alternator. They said they couldnt put it in because they couldn't guarantee the work. Said that was fien because the price they wanted me to pay was 250 bucks more than I paid at a aftermarket place. Would have jsut put it in myself but it was already in thier shop tore apart so let them go for it.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Yep that's how repair shops are... stingy for the almighty $. They get pissed when people bring in their own parts. I think it's stupid to say no to installing a good part someone brings in to a shop.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I went back to the dealer at all was because I only had the bike for 18 days. I wanted them to give me something. In retrospect I would have had the thing running a lot sooner had I done everything my self. They were probably grateful I didn't insist on them paying for the part or call OMVIC on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts