Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my CRF on the web a week or so ago, as the dirt bike thoughts are coming on strong this time of year for people, and I've had plenty of the scam emails.
Well about 20 minutes ago I got a phone call from a relay center - you know, the type meant for the hearing impaired - and I knew within a few exchanges where it was going. I went through the motions with the call, and the guy asked for my email addy - although it is plainly on the ads - and I waited.
I just got the email that explained how he grew up in Ohio, but is moving to England tomorrow, and would like to have me ship him the bike through his carrier, all the while using English that would make plasticman look like Einstein.
Anyway, rather than mess with this guy I let him know how repugnant I think it is of them using this new tactic.
Truly sunk to a new low, and I just wanted to share.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Tornado bait said:
I think I'm going to try to use the word "repugnant" more often. Good word. :cool:
"Did you ever hear the philosophy that once a man admits he's wrong, he's immediately forgiven for all wrong-doings? "
:evilaugh:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
BDA116 said:
I put my CRF on the web a week or so ago, as the dirt bike thoughts are coming on strong this time of year for people, and I've had plenty of the scam emails.
Well about 20 minutes ago I got a phone call from a relay center - you know, the type meant for the hearing impaired - and I knew within a few exchanges where it was going. I went through the motions with the call, and the guy asked for my email addy - although it is plainly on the ads - and I waited.
I just got the email that explained how he grew up in Ohio, but is moving to England tomorrow, and would like to have me ship him the bike through his carrier, all the while using English that would make plasticman look like Einstein.
Anyway, rather than mess with this guy I let him know how repugnant I think it is of them using this new tactic.
Truly sunk to a new low, and I just wanted to share.
Should have given him the reverse RC51 diesel treatment :evilaugh:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did email him and tell him I would be glad to sell it to him - for ~$10,000 USD cash in person.
He hasn't answered me. Wonder why. :idunno:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure. You see, any time a cash (or check) transaction for $10K or greater is made, the IRS must be notified. I will be sure to have the proper authorities on hand to make sure the notification takes place immediately, and while they're there they can check for authenticity.
:D

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
BDA116 said:
Sure. You see, any time a cash (or check) transaction for $10K or greater is made, the IRS must be notified. I will be sure to have the proper authorities on hand to make sure the notification takes place immediately, and while they're there they can check for authenticity.
:D
Lol Cut a deal at 9,999?

·
Registered
806 Posts
How about two checks for $5000 each? Don't mind the notes stating each is for a different purpose.... $5000 for the bike, and $5000 for personal delivery. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is also a guy scamming, I think on craigslist. He has made a website that looks like a secure "veri-trade" type thing (third party that holds the money/etc). Either way he created it. Watch out everybody... :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, I posted an ipod on craigslist and a month later, i am still getting scammers contacting me. They always want the thing for someone else, and want to pay in some obfuscated way, but always can't meet in person even though they state that they are in a location that is a mere 30 minutes away.
Silly scammers, tricks are for squids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts