Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at page 47 of the "2000 Honda 929RR Parts Info & Drawings" booklet that I have on PDF. I picked up numbers (on picture) 3, 11/2, 8, and 9.

9 and 12 should just stick itself on the underside of the tank? Easiest method to remove the old ones?

8 will just slide up over the lip?

The tank lip just slips into number 3.

The 11 that came is flat double-sided sticky strip of rubber. Does it sit hotdog style in 2 and the tank rests in that or does it sit just on the sticky side of 2 and fold over the top.

Have some tank rattle and currently none of these parts on the tank so I figure they should help. Plus, they were fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
i just did a simple google image search n found this pic of the bottom side of a 929 tank. maybe itll help

·
Registered
560 Posts
I cut up one of my sisters thongs (flip-flops) and wedged them in there lol. I might do something a bit better than that this time.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
im not real sure if or what they use in the way of adhesive. i guess if the foam didnt have any sticky backing on it you could try some spray adhesive but id test it on a small corner first. never know what some adhesives will do to some foams. maybe just a 3m spray adhesive? or maybe some decent double sided tape would due. that foam is more a heat shield for the fuel i believe but i guess it might be there to keep the air box from chattering as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts