Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am a new member and also a new CBR owner. I purchased a CBR 1000rr 2008 model. This talk about using oil makes me a little nervous. Are many of you experienceing this problem?

I also wonder if i have done the right thing by putting an FMF Apex slip on muffler on my bike. I am hoping that within reason..i will be a little more noticible to other drivers for my own personal safety. I also hope that i can get 1-2 miles more per gallon.

I do not race or know how to. I absolutely love driving the CBR and look forward to taking it sport-touring in the mountains this summer. My previous bike was a very nice Honda Valkyrie. I actually have never been on a bike that I love as much as the 08 CBR. i hope that it holds up well mechanically. Since i am new at this please feel free to share your opinions with me.

Also does anyone have the joe rocket survival suit? If so how do you like it? I thought it might be nice for sport touring. Van

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:welcome: van

can't help with the oil issue, but theres been a few threads about it....
some people seem to be affected others dont!

is yours using much?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did you buy it new? If so the dealer probably corrected the problem... The bikes affected are a select few VINS... do a search against your VIN... Other than that... WELCOME and enjoy the CBR.... I love mine and mechanically it is great...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
too early to tell on mine as i now have it in storage..i feel pretty good about the dealer service and i bought it new Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My luck with Hondas has been really good as far as driving satisfaction and mechanical soundness..so it sound like this bike will be more of the same

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do the slip on mufflers affect the performance or handling in any way? Fellow CBRers what have your experiences been? I have an FMF Apex about to be installed. Van

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: van, the exhaust may release a couple of extra bhp but I really doubt most of us would notice, especially with the bike being pretty powerful in the first place. Same with the handling, the new can may be a couple of kg's lighter but not enough for most of us to notice.

There's nothing wrong in changing the exhaust for improved looks and sound though, that's why I changed mine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hay Wasup van

Hi Im Vanronsta Ive been ridding Blades since 1992 only ever strayed once to a 2004 gsxr 1000 and sold it 3 months later.
My experiance of late was to have my bike put on a dyno and compared the apex pipe to the stock system and the apex sucked midrange power so choices were remove apex slip on or buy the headers as well option 2 put back the stock ystem and just mod the flapper (which gave better figures than the apex slip on). So i am running the syock system till i can get the headers to suit. Now i hope one of you can help me out i have been compairing the techclusion TFI to Dyno jet power commander so if any of you have either of these systems on your 2009 blades can you please give me an honest insight into the pros and cons without sounding like a testamonial.

shot Alot

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Destructo. How do you like the VFR750 and what do you think of the new VFR?

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
G'day & :welcome:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shot alot..great info..think i will just stick with stock for now and focus on other things for sport touring. Thanks, Van

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Jazz..like the age on your bio..thats how old i feel when i get in the saddle..brings out the kid in me. Van

1 - 15 of 15 Posts