Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I’m new to the 2 wheel team and even newer to fireblades. I was hoping I could get some general information and direction from you on the 93 900rr that I acquired. I have absolutely no info on the bike due to the fact that I pulled it out of a dumpster that some guys was just gonna throw it away for scrap. I was able to save most of the pieces as it was being ripped apart but it definitely has been in an accident but it’s all here in my garage and I’m ready to bring it back to life. What do I do 1st you guys I’m lost to some degree.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
Welcome! You've come to the right place for eager to help members and cheeky conversation. We love the old girls (I've had 3), and there are a host of other members that are in the process of restoration in on stage or another.

Post some pics, I can tell you some info based on the VIN and Engine numbers. Look at the sub-frame near where the tank bolts to it for the color code tag. That will give us the original fairing color scheme based on the VIN.

First thing to do is drop some oil down the spark plug holes and try and turn the engine over with a wrench, to minimize any damage of it's locked up or full of water. Once you know it's free spinning then get the carbs cleaned and rebuilt.

Get a new battery and give the motor a compression check. If that's good, change all the fluids, check brake pads, new tires and drain any old gas from the tank and peer inside. Rust is NOT your friend. That may need attention, but the motor is key.

Keep us informed!!!

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Perhaps post a couple of pics because the state of the bike will determine the list of priorities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts