Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 F3, I loaned to a buddy for a little, when I was out of town. He let the battery drain down, then thought it needed a new battery, put the old battery in backwards, hooked up all the cables, but never cranked it over. He realized he did it wrong, and flip the battery around. He then hooked up jumper cables from his truck, with the truck running. And the bike started up,and ran with the cables still attached, he took the jumper-cables off then about 20 minutes later the bike just puttered out. And now it won't do anything, like at all. No warning lights, lights, nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hopefully he just blew the main fuse. Should be located near the battery on the positive cable by the starter relay. It will be in a rubber holder with a cover possibly. Replace that and go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks, I just tried the main fuse, it was good, and I put a new one in. I messed with it a little bit more. I can get the bike to crank if I bypass the relay. I took a plug out to see if there was spark, there is none. And the lights still don't come on. and other suggestions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.