Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a 929 tomorrow the guy sent me these exact word
Runs rides bought from impound Flashed ecu -2+3 gearing big v stack k&n filter airbox mod pair vavle delete slip on /cat delete stretched slammed new plastic oil change chain rear wheel new tires runs rides
Can someone tell me what this means
s

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
If you're getting it tomorrow it's probably too late to start asking for interpretations of the bike.

Have you purchased it 'unseen'? I ask this because the description is of a highly modified, dare I say 'hoon' bike with a 'stretched' swing arm that should mean the bike has spent much of its life burning rubber. It also has a front sprocket with 2 fewer than standard teeth, and a rear sprocket with 3 extra teeth.

As for the other items, it may help your learning experience if you use the 'Search Community' of the forum found at the top of the page.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well it appears he purchased the bike from an impound lot (repo or abandoned most likely) and likely has new fairings, fresh oil and a new tire and as Nigel pointed out, a lengthened swing arm and is "high modified" which isn't always a good thing.............

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Well it appears he purchased the bike from an impound lot (repo or abandoned most likely) . . .
Agree. But even for a 'serial bike buyer' I wouldn't buy sight unseen unless the bike was VERY cheap.

We see enough 'projects' for sale on eBay that are presented with 'selected photography' that leaves flaws in either shadows or bright sun. A year or so ago, I travelled nearly 3 hours to look/purchase what appeared to be a great RVF400 only to find it needed more work, and money, than Bruce Jenner spent to become ship shape!

But back to @Jeffyboy. 929s are a great bike and with time and money to 'recommission' you could make yourself a great bike. One important point though regarding the extended swing arm. On the 929s, the swing arm is mounted to the engine crankcase via a mounting bracket (pictured). I have concern that depending upon the amount of extension on the modified swing arm, a greater amount of stress/torsion will be placed on the crankcases. A stock swing arm can be snaffled off eBay for less than $50.00 should you wish to return to standard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts