Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

New to the board, a few quick ?'s

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  btmlinedan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i recently picked up a 2000 cbr 929rr. I love the bike but there are a few small things that I am still un-aware of or not sure how to approach. I've done a little bit of searching but can't find exact answers yet so here goes...

1.) I have a yellow speedo guage and would like to swap them out. Is it best to buy a black oem cluster and swap out the face or would it be easier ( more cost efficient ) to just pick up a face off ebay? I'm not worried so much about the task of pulling apart the cluster, more worried about the quality of the product. I'm not a huge 'white face guage' kinda guy, but the bike is satin white, and i think a black / white theme would go nicely. i attached a picture of the cluster face. Also, has anyone seen the led swap kit? not sure how difficult or useful that would be as well...

2.) My exhaust. Is it a full exhaust or just the can? I attached a picture of the can / exhaust. I don't have any previous experience with this company, Yana Shiki, are they any good? The sound is ok, but the looks don't do it for me. I have no idea how good the performance, so not sure if replacing it with possibly a high mount (do they make a high mount for the 929rr?) or just another can would be wise.

3. ) Has my bike been lowered? I'm 5'8 and on my gsxr600 (just sold) i was barely tip toein-- now i'm almost flat footed. Does anyone have a measurement of how far the front fender shound be from the front fairing? Just curious...i've included a shot of that as well as to anyone can help me out. I think a friend who's a track junky is going to look at it next week.

Thanks for all the help and advice in advance!

-dan

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2862306133_a89157952d_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/2863137700_de8f49b7ca_o.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a LeoVince full titanium hi-mount half system.
If you still have the exhaust valve in the bottom of the headers then it's a stock system.
Top of the fork tubes should be level with the upper fork clamp as standard.

#4 ·
I've included a picture bladeracer in the first post, but for some picture it won't let me post pictures...weird. is that the stock exhaust? If so, is the yana shiki a good can? I would really like a high rise mount exhaust, but not sure if anyone makes it.

Also, my fuel light is constantly on. Is this is supposed to be like this? I just filled it up the other day, have put 20 miles on it, but still the light. Not sure if it's supposed to go off or I'm supposed to reset it or anything. any tips?

Thanks in advance!

#6 ·
There are a number of high-mounts for the 929/954 but I think most claim you lose the passenger pegs.
LeoVince I think claimed that as well but I just spaced the peg carriers out a few mm and it was fine. The LV was the only one I found in full titanium which is why I went with it.
I don't know if the fuel light comes on due to an open or closed circuit but I think on average it should be going off at around the 120 mile range from full. If it comes on when a circuit opens you might just have a loose connector or a broken wire.

#7 ·
You sound like someone that is going to be messing with it so check out www.helminc.com for the official manual. Money well spent.

As to lowered let me reword what others have said: Your bike looks level so if the back was lowered the front would also have been lowered. So since the forks were flush stock they would need to be up in the triple. Further to check for lowering look at your rear shock link. That is how they do most lowering that I have seen. Check for a brand stamping or indication that it is not stock.

#9 ·
Looks all stock to me although the rear is on minimum preload.
What is the mileage on the bike?

#15 ·
no joke! it's on my things to do this weekend along w/ getting the title transferred over and the tags...already got insurance.

Maybe this just has a lower seat height over my previous gsxr 600? the 600 turned in so much easier, maybe thinner tires? Thanks for the pictures of the suspension set ups.

speaking of which...does anyone else find it funny that the 929rr has as much power / tq as a gsxr 750 of the same year? what gives? not complaining, I love my bike, but just curious why 200cc's yielded the same power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.