Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just picked up a 929 and of course the servo gears are stripped...I've been reading on the forum about the hass eliminator. I know a lot of people are saying to keep the servo connected and just disconnect the cables...can I actually remove the entire assembly from the bike or will it affect something if I do. Also is there anything else I have to modify so that the bike runs proper or will it be fine with just the eliminator, I don't really have enough to spend on pc...thanks!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hi my bike ate my servo a couple of months back, i ended up taking the valve out of the exhaust, unbolted the plate, nut, bolt, and washers in hole then rebolted plate. straight though exhaust. then removed cables and servo completely. the cable to the flapper in airbox pulled tight to leave open and clamped off in situ. Only difference is you need to get throttle and gears right. front lifts a lot easier:thumb: only down side fi light on all the time, but been told there is a wire on the ecu i need to cut, but cant find out wich one it is......any one know:idunno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by getting throttle and gears right?? I'm definately cool with getting the front end up easier :thumb:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The wire cutting trick is for gsxrs

The only way to cure the FI light is replacing servo.

I assume getting throttle right means being high in the revs and the correct gear to attain power since the bike loses quite a bit of low/mid range when the htev is removed or disabled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh gotcha...thanks! But that issue can be smoothed out by eventually getting a power commander right??

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
To a certain extent.

The HTEV, without the valve, is a hollow cubic ish connector. It does not have the individual paths that the headers and midpipe have, meaning flow will be greatly interrupted.

If you can, make your own "HASS eliminator" since it is no longer being made I believe.

Else, lock the HTEV in one of the 3 positions.
A pc will most definately help,

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi guys I just picked up a 929 and of course the servo gears are stripped...I've been reading on the forum about the hass eliminator. I know a lot of people are saying to keep the servo connected and just disconnect the cables...can I actually remove the entire assembly from the bike or will it affect something if I do. Also is there anything else I have to modify so that the bike runs proper or will it be fine with just the eliminator, I don't really have enough to spend on pc...thanks!
Don't bother with the HASS. Just leave the HTEV in one of its positions.
Yes, you can remove the servo motor. The only effect is a permanent error code on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The HTEV, without the valve, is a hollow cubic ish connector. It does not have the individual paths that the headers and midpipe have, meaning flow will be greatly interrupted.
Have you looked through the HTEV?
The HTEV when open is not a problem for clean gas flow.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Just because it doesnt stick up, doesnt mean it doesnt alter the flow.
How can it alter the flow though?
It's like a dent in the pipe.
Yes, a miniscule amount of gas is likely to get trapped in the void but the rest will simply flow past it. I doubt the difference is even measurable.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
A dent is smooth.

A sharp edge causes turbulance and disrupts flow. V stacks are lipped out, to increase velocity, by having a smooth flow.

Ill do some modeling tomorrow and get a pic from StarCCM showing the differences in flow over sharp versus smooth :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
A dent is smooth.

A sharp edge causes turbulance and disrupts flow. V stacks are lipped out, to increase velocity, by having a smooth flow.

Ill do some modeling tomorrow and get a pic from StarCCM showing the differences in flow over sharp versus smooth :)
Make sure you show it 600mm down the pipe though so we can see how much difference it makes ;-)
I'm sure there's a _difference_, I don't believe there's any measurable difference to the bike though due to it.
If you were porting an intake tract it'd be a problem though for sure.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Very cool.
I didn't realise Solidworks lets you model airflow.
What gas speeds are we looking at in the pipe?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Thanks!

Solidworks has an 'evaluate' feature that is called FloWorks that uses cfd tech to analyze flow characteristics.

I had a bit of trouble getting it all sorted today getting waves through it....but ill get it done this coming week.

Avg exhaust vel = approx 350ft/sec at 1200 F

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks!

Solidworks has an 'evaluate' feature that is called FloWorks that uses cfd tech to analyze flow characteristics.

I had a bit of trouble getting it all sorted today getting waves through it....but ill get it done this coming week.

Avg exhaust vel = approx 350ft/sec at 1200 F
I can see I'm going to have to install it one of these days :)
Wouldn't gas velocity vary with RPM?
Surely 1000RPM would be significantly slower gas velocity than 12,000RPM? You have to push theoretically twelve-times as much gas through per second. Obviously gas volume through the engine varies through the rev range due to cam timing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts