Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there guys... I did it again....

I bought a 98 900RR about 6-8 weeks ago then another one came in to my life... this one is a 97 900RR that was in buckets, but for $300 I figured it was worth a chance. So far from what I can tell I am only missing the gauge cluster and a few nuts and bolts...

So I started to put it together tonight and got it to turn over. I was working on getting spark and couldnt. So i started to chase down the wiring and wanted to know if my ignition control module was any good. so I plugged it in to my 98. Worked GREAT! This is my first issue. when i put the factor 98 ignition control module in to the 98 it wont start now... so i put the 97 ignition module back on and it works... WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Anyone help me? what did I do wrong?

As for the status on the 97, well I dont think i can go any further until I have the dash cluster because there are too many sensors that are open without them being hooked in to the dash

Can anyone tell me how to get around this? can I just jump a few wires to make the bike run without a dash?

Thanks guys

Ill post pictures here tomorrow. Im tired... been up since 4am

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey there guys... I did it again....

I bought a 98 900RR about 6-8 weeks ago then another one came in to my life... this one is a 97 900RR that was in buckets, but for $300 I figured it was worth a chance. So far from what I can tell I am only missing the gauge cluster and a few nuts and bolts...

So I started to put it together tonight and got it to turn over. I was working on getting spark and couldnt. So i started to chase down the wiring and wanted to know if my ignition control module was any good. so I plugged it in to my 98. Worked GREAT! This is my first issue. when i put the factor 98 ignition control module in to the 98 it wont start now... so i put the 97 ignition module back on and it works... WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Anyone help me? what did I do wrong?

As for the status on the 97, well I dont think i can go any further until I have the dash cluster because there are too many sensors that are open without them being hooked in to the dash

Can anyone tell me how to get around this? can I just jump a few wires to make the bike run without a dash?

Thanks guys

Ill post pictures here tomorrow. Im tired... been up since 4am

No idea on the non-start issue, very strange indeed.
I'm surprised the bike even cares if the dash is connected.
Does your '98 run if you disconnect the dash?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know i didnt try to remove the dash from the 98. I am basing the dash thing on the F2 that i last had. It was a basket case when i got it and it would not run without the dash connected. I was riding the F2 on the street and it just died out of no where, it turns out that a connector fell out of the dash. i plugged it back in and WHAMMO it fired right up.

Please keep the info or opinions coming. i need it!

Cheers
Tupp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts