Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow Honda lovers,
I bought a 02 CBR954RR with a cracked fairing. here is the pictures. the left one is perfect but right one is cracked . can I fix this
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
thank you

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
2002 Honda CBR900RR CBR 900RR 900 RR 954 Stock Black Red Right Lower Fairing 03 | eBay

for what it would cost to mend it, paint it, and buy the decals for it to make it look as good as the other side youd be looking at more or less the cost of this used oem piece thats in good condition. i think a new oem is in the range of 800$

paint would easily run 100$ and the decal kit is at least 60$ may as well get one thats maybe not new but isnt repaired. n i doubt even the best repair job on that will ever look like it did before what ever broke it broke it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is the start of it. i did it like that all way. plus I made C clips from thin wire and weld it in to hold like a rib cage every 1 inch. on top of that I put fiberglass sheets w resin. now waiting to dry and will tackle front side.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you, by the time I am done with it, It would look like OEM part and I would have saved $170. I can get paint,clear from friend at a body shop. only thing i will pay for is graphics. the $170 will go towards tuning. or a slip on. i cannot stand the OEM can on the 954

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is were im going to stop. its not paint its graphics. i just peeled it. i am going order graphics kit for bike, and install what i need.
before install graphics, i will use filler, sand w 240, then use filler filler, (fine filler) wet sand 400, install graphics
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Good luck, looks like it could work out. The question I have about mending plastic is how durable it will be once it's done, but I'd bet your repair will out last the other sections.
I have to ask, do you know how that happened? It's an odd spot to have a cracked fairing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i bought the bike like this. 3 years ago his girlfriend low side the bike going about 30mph. he has 3 other bikes and never got to replacing the fairing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts