Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I moved to my new office today. 50 mile commute is now a 5 mile commute. I'm off tomorrow, but come Monday I'll be a happy camper.

As a side affect, I got a new IBM Thinkpad T42 w 80gig drive, 1gig RAM, CD-RW/DVD-RW, etc. It's not a bad little notebook, but there are still things I like better on my personal HP notebook. (Built in memory card reader is a big one. Larger screen is another.)

It's nice to be able to take it with me now, and have a docking station at work though. I've always had desktop PCs at work.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
And they won't even let me carry my Sony Clie' in :( Actually the iPod would be banned also but i tell them it is 'just' an mp3 player. Oh well at least they force you to use Windoz Conq

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I recently went from a 20 mile round trip commute to a 50 miler and couldn't be happier about it. I'm riding more (gearing up almost wasn't worth it before, what with a whopper ten minute ride ahead of me). Plus the unwind time is good for the soul.

The Thinkpad, however, I agree, that's a nice toy! :clap:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
10 minutes for 10 miles with a badge :confused: maybe those Busas aren't what I heard.

So I am curious what do you do Conq? Just curious figure you for techy since you run the site and brag on a laptop ;)

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Well, title is "Sr. Programmer Analyst". So basically I design and develop various applications. Mostly intranet related now days. Lots of client/server stuff in the past.
A fellow geek :cool:

Two raises ago my title was changed to Senior Vice Duke and Imperial Majesty of all Engineering (really on official letterhead) although I am sure you hammer me on web based stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts