Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heh heh heh, my on going police bike project just got a little closer to being done. All I have left is some markings and maybe a few LEDs for demos and public appearances.

Now presenting, the lastest in pursuit units........

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is painted. Classic black and white police paint scheme! :thumb: :clap: :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CBR929RE said:
ok let me rephrase that, gonna get it lettered?
Yup, I have the markings on order at the shop that make the graffics for our Motor Squad's bikes. It's getting the city logo and some other police markings. :thumb: :clap: :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sweet! It'd be interesting if they let you put some cherries on it for a few laps :thumb: You could attempt to pull people over on the track? :evilaugh: Then, IF they slow down you could pass 'em!! How's that for strategy?

*edit* Not saying that you NEED to do that to pass anyone!! Thought I'd throw that in there just in case.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scratch said:
Not saying that you NEED to do that to pass anyone!! Thought I'd throw that in there just in case.
Oh you've seen me ride? Heh heh heh, trust me I need all the help I can get on the track! :D :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Looks cool Rick, I'll see ya tomorrow up at the bird. What time are you getting up there and which track are you on again?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be at the track by 0630 and I'll be at the West track. See ya tomorrow Dano!

·
Registered
306 Posts
JakeT said:
Where did you get that generator cover?
I'm pretty sure it is from

http://www.trademarkmotorsports.com/

I have one in my track-1000RR, you can check it out live in almost any track day in Finland this summer. The cover is a piece of art, fits perfectly, offers much better protection than the OEM and makes OEM Honda fit and finish look rather sad in comparison :) Price vas about 170 Eur to my front door (cover + shipping + customs + VAT).

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oldgoat said:
Very nice looking bike :thumb:

What make are the rotors ?

Thanks! :D The rotors are EBC Lites, I'm thinking of switching over to Braking Wave rotors, but I have two sets of wheels and it going to run over a grand. Oh well, it's only money.

I'm also looking at getting the Brembo master for the 954. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Looks good! :thumb: We need pics once you get it lettered.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
efward said:
Is the dept. sponsoring the project?
Nope, I'm self-sponsoring the project. Not a single tax-dollar went into the project. The department just gave me the permission to mark it and is allowing me to use it as an educational tool at Safety Fairs, Motocycles Demos, Trackdays, Etc... :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
K9inAZ said:
Thanks! :D The rotors are EBC Lites, I'm thinking of switching over to Braking Wave rotors, but I have two sets of wheels and it going to run over a grand. Oh well, it's only money.

I'm also looking at getting the Brembo master for the 954. :thumb:

How are the EBC rotors holding up under track conditions ? Heard a few guys on other boards complaining about warping.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oldgoat said:
How are the EBC rotors holding up under track conditions ? Heard a few guys on other boards complaining about warping.
The EBCs are holding up great. In fact, I had a stock set and the EBC set checked out at Fast Tracks and the EBC were in great shape and the stock set had to be straightened. I'm not the greatest of late brakers, so it might have just been a fluke. :rotfl: :D :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts