Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
found a hell of a deal on this used trailer... alot bigger than what I was lookin for but couldn't turn it down for the price... sure will make the trips up north alot nicer
:)

to be used for hauling snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, and motorcycles....

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
DreamRyder said:
btw who's gonna teach me how to back the thing up *EEK* lol
I would be happy to..... Was a Carny in High School and during the summers of college...... drove my first semi at age 14..... don't ask. Have Speed teach ya, that is his occupation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,572 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Got ya beat...I think I was about 9.
Oh yeah.....well...growing up in a farming community I was driving heavy equipment before I could walk. :p

Ok...that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

The easiest way for me to back a trailer is to think of the bottom of the steering wheel turning in the direction you want to go.:idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sheepofblue said:
Turn the wheel the opposite way you want the trailer to go :D

Nice trailer now add some Pit Bull chocks (support the local economy :eyebrows: )
yeah easier said than done with me :O BUT I've been told it's easier to back up a larger trailer than those lil bitty ones :D so I have hope "maybe"

I wanna get those that you ride up into :thumb: waiting to see if a friend is gonna fabricate me some so I don't have to spend a fortune on them :eyebrows:

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mojave954 said:
Sweet rig. Get some lights in there, paint up the inside and :thumb:
there are lights along the top of the side walls and the floor is painted with that grippy stuff... I'm gonna leave the side walls as they are.. the paneling is easy to wipe down :smilebig:

however I do need to cut out the gas door openings so that they are useful.. the other fella didnt' have a need for them so he just put the paneling up and never cut the skin out for them...

Wish it would have had the vent in the celing as well.. but I can't have everything :idunno:

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tornado bait said:
Oh yeah.....well...growing up in a farming community I was driving heavy equipment before I could walk. :p

Ok...that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

The easiest way for me to back a trailer is to think of the bottom of the steering wheel turning in the direction you want to go.:idunno:
I too grew up on a farm but my daddy gave up on teachin me how to back up the hay trailer :eek: tractors aren't all that easy to steer backwards anyways :crying:

Nice tip on the bottom of the steering wheel :thumb: that'll be easy for me to remember.

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ND4SPD said:
Got ya beat...I think I was about 9.
DEPO said:
I would be happy to..... Was a Carny in High School and during the summers of college...... drove my first semi at age 14..... don't ask. Have Speed teach ya, that is his occupation.
I'd probably never haul it to Grattan unless a few folks from Detroit would wanna meet up to carpool out... I'm a couple hrs away from them so highly doubt that.. so unfortunately I'll have to figure it out on my own :eek: or just do like I already do and make sure I don't pull in anywhere where I can't just pull straight through :rotfl:

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
DreamRyder said:
my own :eek: or just do like I already do and make sure I don't pull in anywhere where I can't just pull straight through :rotfl:

E.
thats actually the best way. I had a tractor trailer instructor tell me he still has to think about which way to turn it before he starts to back up.

Speed drives the big guys for a living, not sure if he'll be at grattan but I'm pretty sure Hammer and Abtech can both drive them and will both be there. Bring some cones with ya, I'm sure they can set up a nice little course for ya.


thats a pretty sweet trailer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CBR929RE said:
thats actually the best way. I had a tractor trailer instructor tell me he still has to think about which way to turn it before he starts to back up.

Speed drives the big guys for a living, not sure if he'll be at grattan but I'm pretty sure Hammer and Abtech can both drive them and will both be there. Bring some cones with ya, I'm sure they can set up a nice little course for ya.


thats a pretty sweet trailer.
that'd be cool... I'll have to take someone up on that idea.. even if I have to try it with the little one :thumb:

E.
for extra incentive to do it right instead of cones we'll use bikes :eek: j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
abtech said:
nooooooooooooooooo!
I use to pull 24 feet behind the motorhome (overall length 63') and made certain I didn't get stuck in a situation I couldn't back out of. All of our cross country trucks had pretty stretched wheelbases, so I was use to a longer tractor, but at 37' it just didn't turn as nicely as 23' with an air driven 5th wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
DreamRyder said:
there are lights along the top of the side walls and the floor is painted with that grippy stuff... I'm gonna leave the side walls as they are.. the paneling is easy to wipe down :smilebig:

however I do need to cut out the gas door openings so that they are useful.. the other fella didnt' have a need for them so he just put the paneling up and never cut the skin out for them...

Wish it would have had the vent in the celing as well.. but I can't have everything :idunno:

E.
You can get a pair of roof vents installed for a couple hundred bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
abtech said:
I use to pull 24 feet behind the motorhome (overall length 63') and made certain I didn't get stuck in a situation I couldn't back out of. All of our cross country trucks had pretty stretched wheelbases, so I was use to a longer tractor, but at 37' it just didn't turn as nicely as 23' with an air driven 5th wheel.
Abtech you will appreciate this: I used to "Piggy Back" a 32 foot Swing Ride with a 26 foot Fun Slide with a 9 speed single axle. It was not a lot of fun to say the least, but that was actually easier then the 26 foot Prize Truck (Box Truck) with a 28 foot Water Race Game. That thing was a pig to back up, especially with the fact that its power steering used to go out all the time.

The best was I was hauling a 1200 KW generator (use that on your tire warmers!) and the brakes failed on the stake bed truck I was hauling it with and I had to use the electric brakes from the trailer the whole trip from Milwaukee back to Chicago.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top