Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LINK-a-roo

Quote from the article:
Also from New York, Northern State, comprised of three post-collegiate MCs out of Long Island, rap about social issues, politics and their 'hood – in this case middle-class suburbia. “If we were to front like we were hard and from the streets it would obviously be a gimmick,” said Correne Spero aka “Spero.” “We’re not fronting.”

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Just my opinion - yo

I hate rap/hip hop and how it's infested most of the white and/or black surbanites wannabe's, getting gangsta with their ballcaps to the side, the walk - you know - the walk, all the hand gestures with the wrists always locked in, pants below their a$$, chains, etc.  I totally respect the culture who first brought it in as an outlet to their racism, poverty, tough times, etc. that THEY were experiencing.  It's when the 13 year old white and/or black surbanite tries to emulate it that burns me up.  Yea, they feel the pain.  So when I see Phlememen and SnoopyDog and Fitty cent in their mansions I just shake my head.  Rant off.  Oh, their is no real music being produced anymore by the record companies because of this crap.  I think you can go to Berkley to learn how 'scratch' now.

Yo, I'm done now!  Boooom, BaBoooom,...Boooom, BaBoooom...

·
Registered
887 Posts
So, does it bother you when a 13 yr old black 'suburanite emulates' the walk, talk, hand gestures, etc.?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Hate the game...not the playa'

I am not a big rap guy myself, but you will find some of the early stuff in my collections. But, as for the way of life here is it:

Find something you enjoy to do, and makes you feel good about yourself. If that thing(s) pays huge money, and is free and legal...so be it, your one lucky person. I don't see a problem with it... Once your in the eye of the public, you will be played out by many...who cares...thats the way it goes. Its like the whole world...about 75% of people cannot think for themselves it seems...and they do what their friend(s) do...its just the way the world goes it seems.

Lets face it, everyone it out to make themselves better off, straight up. Then maybe your friends and family. You might turn some to charity to look good, or maybe hope that you obtain a pass to visit the gods...who knows... So, 10-1 your going to see someone that makes it huge set themselves up first and foremost.

am I bummed that I am not loaded to the hilt with cash money? Sure! But I am not blessed with something that I can do better then most, and that pays more then I could imagine. I wish I was! Hahaha! Hey, maybe I am, and I have just not found it yet! Heck, I am only 26!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Quote In “It’s Not a Fairytale,” she raps about the stressful life of a teenager: “

The stressful life of a teenager?, wait to she gets older and has a mortage and has responsibility

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ratter1 : Quote In “It’s Not a Fairytale,” she raps about the stressful life of a teenager: “
I gotta laugh at that one too... Just wait till the beotch is 19 and a single mother of two. You know, where the deadbeat dad fuctted her over really bad and now she's left with two mouths to feed, in addition to her own.

Or how about when her punk boyfriend gets done using her to facilitate his drug habit and leaves her with VD and a habit of her own...

Yeah, I gotta call BS on the 'stressful life of a teenager'... YOu never know you got it bad as a teen unless someone is telling you its stressful... Otherwise its just how things go. Its not until later in life that you realize this stress you have is because you are a fuct up A-hole with no future...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
but can they breakdance???

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
bubba : but can they breakdance???
I hope so yo. I listen to R&B and/or hip hop everday, it's not like all the artists are idiots, some of the music is excellent. But like any music, especially Electronic stuff, you have to weed out the to get to the good stuff.

·
Registered
887 Posts
very well said....some of the crap I hear on radio these days just makes me shake my head b/c I cannot fathom how some of these people got record deals....anyways, I hope these girlz are prepared for what they about to get themselves into....

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I fondly remember Bruce Willis' line in The Last Boyscout when the big bad terrorist was holding a dagger inches from Bruce's eye and said, 'I just want to hear you scream.'

Willis' unblinking reply was, 'Play some rap music.'

That sums up my feelings on this genre of music. It's garbage, it provokes an emotional response from me, and I enjoy the thought of a book-burn-esque rap BBQ at my place.

Beer and food provided. Anyone want to be first on the invite list?

Disclaimer: The above post is NOT satire. I respect everyone's opinion on various music, respect everyone's right to choose to listen to whatever the hell they want, and won't cast aspersions because I feel differently. I can't help it. I want punch rappers in the mouth when I see them or hear their 'music' - except for Fred Durst. He's pretty cool. JUST GIMME SOMETHING TO BREAK!

·
Registered
887 Posts
see, I know it's everyone's right to express their opinion, but it's comments like these that really light a fire deep down within....

Chain, may I ask, why do you want to punch rappers in the mouth? Is it because you don't like their music? Or the message? Or the culture? or what? I would like to know. Not trying to offend anyone, but I am really curious.

Rap music is no different than any other genre of music...it is provides an outlet for people to express themselves...just like country, rock, metal or whatever...do you want to punch Toby Keith in the mouth? what about Jimmy Buffett? or how about Mick Jagger...he has really big lips, ya know...would make for a lot of blood....help me understand where you're coming from...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I'd punch Buffet in the mouth, if I never hear that again, it would be too soon. Perfect music for an all white keg party.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
booth23 : I'd punch Buffet in the mouth, if I never hear that again, it would be too soon.  Perfect music for an all white keg party.  
ahem... margarita party, or so my co-worker claims!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
QuikMike : see, I know it's everyone's right to express their opinion, but it's comments like these that really light a fire deep down within....

Chain, may I ask, why do you want to punch rappers in the mouth? Is it because you don't like their music? Or the message? Or the culture? or what? I would like to know. Not trying to offend anyone, but I am really curious.

Rap music is no different than any other genre of music...it is provides an outlet for people to express themselves...just like country, rock, metal or whatever...do you want to punch Toby Keith in the mouth? what about Jimmy Buffett? or how about Mick Jagger...he has really big lips, ya know...would make for a lot of blood....help me understand where you're coming from...
Hmmm, just a few of my reasons,

SnoopDog openly admits HE IS A PIMP, ho's he has to slap around and keep in line. Some people just eat that up and laugh etc. Other rappers openly admit murders that they have committed during their gang times (pop a cap yo). Don't even get me started on the Police issues and their lyrical content. And talent, what talent? The trash is all the same, plug in some ho's and biatchs and wave you hands in the air yo! Trash with looped/ripped off rock riffs and a drum machine with alittle scratchen. Talent? whatever.

I'm done with this thread, it's the equivalent to my hatred towards telemarketing.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Don't be that naive, you think all rappers are like that?  A Tribe Called Quest (Qtip, Phife) talk about nothing but positivity and treating women with respect and taking care of black people everywhere, not to mention history and other subjects.  There are countless others, The Roots being another example.  Cool J has never got into that gangster chit either.  Don't judge everyone by just a few.  If that was the case then you are a squid and we all are  

1 - 20 of 58 Posts