Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah standard story we have all done before - get new tyres.
But no matter how many times Ive done it, I still get surprised that the bike tips in so much better with tyres I havent squared off (or in the case of my front - flattened at an angle on just one side - too many roundabouts and turns the same direction at the same speed!)

I guess its that it loses the agility so slowly but its such a big change when you get it back.

So got new boots today and once more - a smile on my face as the bike feels so much more nimble.

Just wanted to share!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue. Only one large sweeping curve on the way TO work, but not one on the return. Considerable wear difference between left and right sides.
We have lots of small roundabouts (and no 4-way stop signs!)
Being on the left means a right turn is the long turn - so while I take the almost the same route to/from work there is a lot more time leaned over for right hand turns and doing most of them at the same speed - right hand side of tyre was worn almost flat!
It was bad enough you could see it easily.
Riding it took a bit extra effort to roll off that and get it further leaned.

But all is nice now!
And glad to know Im not the only one who has done this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.