Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hondas suck. lower ground clearance, higher prices, dealers not returning phone calls/emails = ride green

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You've got it on the price issue ($1200 difference), but the comparable Honda has a couple MORE inches ground clearance, longer wheel travel and is lighter (only by a couple pounds).

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BDA116 said:
You've got it on the price issue ($1200 difference), but the comparable Honda has a couple MORE inches ground clearance, longer wheel travel and is lighter (only by a couple pounds).
this model does. when i was doing the research i was looking at the 350-400's and honda was shorter and it is only 1/2 inch 10 for the honda and 9.5 for mine. oh yeah i got mine OTD for 6349 and the honda would have run me 8698.93 OTD

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
But you bought the 650, the Honda equivalent would be the Rincon. Yours has 9.5 under the chassis, but only 7 at the axle. The Rincon is 10 front to back with greater wheel travel.
Just picking nits. The Brute Force quads hold their own just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Nice whip :thumb:
Kawi. can't be building too much off-road junk, they've kept the Marines happy for 13+ years ;)

So is this going to turn into a thread for your old one for sale? I have a pic around here somewhere...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BDA116 said:
But you bought the 650, the Honda equivalent would be the Rincon. Yours has 9.5 under the chassis, but only 7 at the axle. The Rincon is 10 front to back with greater wheel travel.
Just picking nits. The Brute Force quads hold their own just fine.

why would i care what it is at the axle as long as the wheels can clear the obstacle? i am not going to parallel it when crossing, i would cross perpendicular, like we do over a RR track on our bikes

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SomeStrangeGuy said:
Nice whip :thumb:
Kawi. can't be building too much off-road junk, they've kept the Marines happy for 13+ years ;)

So is this going to turn into a thread for your old one for sale? I have a pic around here somewhere...

i figured you would have at least cut yourself out pushing it - nice shorts BTW

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Does that motor have anything on common with an SV650? (other than its 2 cylinders and displacement you sarcastic fux)

I'm only wondering if that has to do with the Kawi / Suzi merger/takeover "deal" thing?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
phobiaphobe said:
Does that motor have anything on common with an SV650? (other than its 2 cylinders and displacement you sarcastic fux)

I'm only wondering if that has to do with the Kawi / Suzi merger/takeover "deal" thing?

i dont think so. i did find out that the artic cat has a suzuki motor in it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts