Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was a really cool idea, but I don't think I can get the camera any farther down in my fairing.  If anything, it may be worthwhile to see how much you pay attention and 'look' at/around corners.

TANK - RIDER VIEW VIDEO

Let me know what you think.

Tank

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hmm, not too bad, but some sort of reference reflection (more so than already) would be nice, or combining this footage (overlay? window? fades?) with other footage.

Have you seen the 919 video that someone posted a link to a while back? That had some cool angles, one very much like yours, but from further out. Maybe it was on a stalk or something

On a lighter note... I probably don't like the view as much because I think it's the same one that Mrs. Tank gets when the mood's right

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Good stuff Tank. I especially like it when you can see the reflection of the cars whizzing past on your sheild. Where is that road at? I'll have to head up that way some time.

Dano

·
Registered
309 Posts
I like your other videos better because with a forward facing camera you get a better sense of speed and lean angle. However, you got some good footage here and might consider editing some of this video with other video with different camera angles.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That's a pretty cool angle. It would be better with other angles edited in but some of those with the canyon wall zipping past are REALLY beotchin!

Makes me want to go out and ride.. so.. must have been pretty good.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
would also be better if you had a reflective shield, you can see the reflection better.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ReaperAZ : Good stuff Tank.  I especially like it when you can see the reflection of the cars whizzing past on your sheild.  Where is that road at?  I'll have to head up that way some time.

Dano
It's at Tortilla Flats (AZ88) near Apache Junction.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
how about trying to get a passengers view of riding? A view that shows the top of your lid and the road? You would have to rig a tripod or pole but it would be some sweet footage no?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roadrunner954 : how about trying to get a passengers view of riding? A view that shows the top of your lid and the road? You would have to rig a tripod or pole but it would be some sweet footage no?
I like that idea!

Time to fabricate some stuff this weekend.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I like the fact that you are so into experimenting with your video. Very interesting new perspective you've shown here. But what model is that Shoei you're wearing - it makes you look like you have this crazed, big-lipped smile .

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Tank...two thumbs up. At first I thought, 'I don't wanna watch his face for five plus minutes,' but it was different! Not sure why, maybe the music or the brews, but I found it a bit melancholy...

J

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bacchus : I like the fact that you are so into experimenting with your video.  Very interesting new perspective you've shown here.  But what model is that Shoei you're wearing - it makes you look like you have this crazed, big-lipped smile   .
It's an RF900 Orbit.

When are you going to come up here and ride with us?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Tank69 : Quote (Bacchus @ Sep. 17 2003, 8:31pm)I like the fact that you are so into experimenting with your video.  Very interesting new perspective you've shown here.  But what model is that Shoei you're wearing - it makes you look like you have this crazed, big-lipped smile   .
It's an RF900 Orbit.

When are you going to come up here and ride with us?  
Soon, grasshopper, soon. But I'm waiting for the 80 deg. weather to set in. I'll be riding up there in the dark (which is fine), but don't want to ride back to Tucson in full leathers when it's 100 deg. I am looking forward to meeting you, and seeing Mike again. Just don't kick my ass too badly, OK?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2OHOH2954 : On a lighter note... I probably don't like the view as much because I think it's the same one that Mrs. Tank gets when the mood's right
I'm working on the overlay/split screen views, I just need to find some time to sit down and do it. Family comes first and 2 of the 3 Tiny Tanks are in soccer.

The 919 video rocked! Again, time permitting, i'm already thinking about mounts. Speaking of mounts, Mrs. Tank usually gets the 'head in the pillow' view.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fumbducker : Tank...two thumbs up.  At first  I thought, 'I don't wanna watch his face for five plus minutes,' but it was different!  Not sure why, maybe the music or the brews, but I found it a bit melancholy...

J
FD, yes, my face is VERY different!

Thanks for the kudos!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts