Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another video of me racing the 929. I have a mix of tire spin and a bad clutch. Hope the new view is a little better. I started at the back of the pack so my finish was not so great, hard to work through the slower riders.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
That's a great vid! Some of those guys were all over the place. You got your front chopped a few times. I thought they were going to take you out!
What class was that?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was Amateur GTO (open class) in the MRA ( mra-racing.org )in Colorado. The video is kinda like a mirror. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. There were a few close calls but that's racing. I got a new clutch and will be adjusting the suspension a little to help with traction. This year is my first on a track and racing. I got my license and did my first track day at the same time. Getting better but still a long way to go. I am 3-4 seconds off race winning times at the track in the video.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
3-4 secs is not bad for the issues you are having. I know the camera makes it look a lot closer, but I also know that a couple of those guys had terrible lines. That said, if you could've got the power down I think you could get past them easily. Definitely a great vid!:thumb:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is a video from last weekend. I ended up in 4th. got the clutch working but still spinning. Need to work on the suspension a little. Second to last lap, just after moving into 4th place I about high sided. Had a great time! This is at High Plains Raceway in Byers Colorado.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Man you got a great start! I thought you might have jumped at first, but you were on it! Looks like a VERY long straight. Is your speedo accurate?
I was was moving pretty well last track day and should've got my race license last time at M-O, but held off. Just not sure that I would actually do any racing.
I think I was running about 1.46 -1.47, after passing an instructor who was running coinsistant 1.48's, but I need to get a lap timer. Fast riders are usually running 1.40's so I don't feel too bad. ;) It's also pretty hard to get an accurate time on a packed track with a lot of slower riders during a track day.
You looked pretty solid out there, I thought you were going to get the front guys! Awesome vid, keep it upright and keep em coming! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts