Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just made an account and this is my first post here. So here's what I've been trying to find and answer to and have had no luck researching. I am looking into buying an 08 or later model 1000rr. But I really hate the fact that they integrated the turn signals into the mirrors. Is there a simple kit or way to delete the mirrors and run flush mount turn signals?

I was use to having a CRG handlebar mirror on my 05 and removed/capped off the OEM ones. Unfortunately I had to sell the bike last year, now I'm shopping for a new one. I definitely like the 08 and later models. But not the stupid mirrors with turn signals.

Sorry if that chaps anyone's azz.. but I split traffic here in San Diego county and mirrors get in the way more than you'd think.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
welcome :hi:

I can't image they're different from any other 2 or 3 wire indicators. I haven't one myself, but I'm fairly certain many owners have done this already with aesthetically appealing results. Do you have any experience with a soldering iron and/or heatshrink? If so, it'll be easier than boiling water or toasting break.

Best of luck with your search and possible acquisition :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have experience with the wiring and soldering, but I'm iffy on cutting the fairings to make holes for some flush mounts. I'm sure it isn't to difficult. I was mainly looking for a kit that comes with everything and instructions on where to cut etc. maybe I can find some pictures if I keep looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts