Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm Nigel from West Midlands in England.

I bought my first bike at 17-years-old, a brand new Honda CB 175 in gold/white. Had it for only twelve months before 'graduating' to the then new Honda CB 750 K1. Some two years' later I transformed it to a racing bike. In those days (mid-70s) there was a trend to bore out the 750s to 820, by using CB 350 pistons. They were 'domed' as opposed the the 750s 'flat tops', so consequently needed some milling to accommodate valves. Obtained quite a few factory parts and ran the bike on the then legal Methanol and Castrol R.

After marriage and family I bought a new VF 750 in 1984, but it became the victim of a divorce battle. Stayed away from bikes for a few years.

Two years ago I had a hankering to re-mount! Bought an as new CBR250R which served as a great reintroduction. It also made me realise what I had missed. A few months later (November 2017) I traded up to a 2011 Fireblade in HRC livery. What a transition!

I have since gone overboard in acquiring some nice bikes, (see signature) most recently a 929 ‘Erion Racing’ edition. I’m an active member of the UK 1000RR forum and look forward to equal participation on here.

Knowing how forum members love pics, I won't disappoint:angel

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,883 Posts
:welcome:

That VF1000R is the sexiest beast of all of them! :sheepsex: :nerd :devil

Get a 92-99 blade and we'll all get along just fine :wink Not much action here with any newer unfortunately.....We should probably change the name to "Just old Firdeblades.org" :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcome:

Get a 92-99 blade and we'll all get along just fine :wink . . .
Give me a break - I'm working my way backwards:wink.

Of course I agree; one of those should be mandatory for any serious Honda devotee. However, I'm on a steep learning curve with the early ones so am sure I'll learn heaps on here. Good ones in UK (like anywhere for that matter) now command a good price. We presently have this, which I am surprised hasn't been snapped up!

https://www.coxmotorgroup.com/used-motorcycles/vehicle-details/honda-cbr900rr-fireblade-rr-v-fireblade/nra506p

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Hi Nigel, what a brilliant opening thread, great pictures and you’re already a fully signed up “greenie” so fantastic to have some fresh input in to what is a brilliant forum but sadly not quite as active as it was a couple of years ago.

Interesting my friend sent me over a link to the “new” RRV he owns an identical bike which he’s owned from new with less than 5000 miles on the clock so he was amused by the price!

Like Ian, I’m also into the earlier stuff but it’s a broad church and we love anything with two wheels here. So one again Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that @Gunk.

In that case, you probably know this 'V' comes from Reading. I could have visited you on Saturday when I picked it up. Some horrendous traffic probs at one of the Reading roundabouts saw me miss my lane and get speared off onto the M4 the friggin' wrong way!:frown I'm now wondering if he's the person who bought a full set of Erion fairings off the same seller:smile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. I'm Nigel from West Midlands in England.

I bought my first bike at 17-years-old, a brand new Honda CB 175 in gold/white. Had it for only twelve months before 'graduating' to the then new Honda CB 750 K1. Some two years' later I transformed it to a racing bike. In those days (mid-70s) there was a trend to bore out the 750s to 820, by using CB 350 pistons. They were 'domed' as opposed the the 750s 'flat tops', so consequently needed some milling to accommodate valves. Obtained quite a few factory parts and ran the bike on the then legal Methanol and Castrol R.

After marriage and family I bought a new VF 750 in 1984, but it became the victim of a divorce battle. Stayed away from bikes for a few years.

Two years ago I had a hankering to re-mount! Bought an as new CBR250R which served as a great reintroduction. It also made me realise what I had missed. A few months later (November 2017) I traded up to a 2011 Fireblade in HRC livery. What a transition!

I have since gone overboard in acquiring some nice bikes, (see signature) most recently a 929 ‘Erion Racing’ edition. I’m an active member of the UK 1000RR forum and look forward to equal participation on here.

Knowing how forum members love pics, I won't disappoint/forums/images/fireblades_toucan/smilies/tango_face_angel.png
Welcome fellow british biking brother ?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that a SENIORITY thing Nige, or a SENIOR thing :devil
Could be a bit of each.:smile

I'd been a down-trodden husband for too long so after divorce I swore, 'never again'. So I'm pulling rank!

Sure, I gain no credibility from this, but it's sure got my head swollen! And of course with @Jayblade building his Baja Warrior or whatever the frig it is:wink , he needs all the friends he can get - senior or junior.

Think I might head over to the MV forum now. Nice and sedate and no streetfighters:grin.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,883 Posts
Could be a bit of each.:smile

I'd been a down-trodden husband for too long so after divorce I swore, 'never again'. So I'm pulling rank!

Sure, I gain no credibility from this, but it's sure got my head swollen! And of course with @Jayblade building his Baja Warrior or whatever the frig it is:wink , he needs all the friends he can get - senior or junior.

Think I might head over to the MV forum now. Nice and sedate and no streetfighters:grin.
:rotfl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts