Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , just bought 2004 cbr1000rr used to be a harley guy then smartened up. amazing bike , anyways the overflow hose consistently leaks fuel when i fill up. a substantial amount , is there something I'm missing . i removed tank hose is connected properly , is it the tank. please help me as to what it is .thank you

·
Registered
752 Posts
Don't get insulted, but. You are not filling it over the inner neck are you? Is the gasket on the underside of the fuel cap intact?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not insulted , i think iam actually doing going past the neck...paranoid for distance with fuel .i will definitely pay attention to that now...how moronic..thank you man!!....

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Not familiar with the 1k's, never heard anyone complain about it, but on my FJ1200 it would leak out the overflow hose underneath the bike if I "topped it off" too much. I top off my 954 and it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
752 Posts
No not insulted , i think iam actually doing going past the neck...paranoid for distance with fuel .i will definitely pay attention to that now...how moronic..thank you man!!....
Hopefully that's what it was. Now enjoy the spring riding season. Welcome aboard also. There are a lot of knowledgeable, helpful and mostly nice folks here:smilierr:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts