Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my newbie question of the week :) I'm still learning alot on the proper setups of the blade I bought a few weeks ago. While in this learning curve, I was hoping for some quick advice on suspension settings. I'm not sure what Honda has in mind for the 'average' rider when they setup the factory settings... so I'm wondering if I need to play with the adjustments a bit. It's an '05 Repsol that is stock stock stock (for now) and I'm 5'10" and about 225lbs. Do you think I should tweak anything? thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Only thing I needed to change on mine was the tire pressures. You got about 50lbs on me so you may need to stiffen thing up by a few clicks though. Some of the bigger boys may be better at giving advise at that. Congrats on the bike

Oh look, another limited edition Repsol.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You may find this article informative. Best thing to do is get the bike set up for you...someone elses settings may not be correct for you on your bike.

Soooo....grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and read this article motorcycle suspension set-up. Click on the Technical Information title and it'll take you to the thread titled How To Set Up Your Motorcycle Suspension.

There's also alot of threads on fireblades.org about set-up so there's plenty to read. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts