Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this forum.
Althougt I have to admit I'v been surfing this site for a while.

Before I start asking questions, I introduce myself
I'm 30 years old, live in the Netherlands (europe), motorbike driving licence since 1999, and bought my first new bike in jan 2003 -> CBR954RR Blue metallic.

Since january i drove 10000 km withe the bike.
After searching the topics i found more people complain about vibrations in footpegs and handle bars.
In a old topic i found a link to hvmparts.com wich sell  heavy bar ends for the cbr. Wich should reduce/eliminate the vibrations in the handle bars

I was wondering how many people use these and do they really work? (I'm not sure about the looks But if they work)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a pretty bike (and nice avatar too, btw).

This doesn't address your question about those particular bar ends, but if you do any sort of travel on your Blade, you might consider a set of Throttlemeisters. They are quite substantial, quelling vibes through the clip-ons, and have the added benefit of being a throttle lock.

http://www.throttlemeister.com/

I don't think I'll be without them on any future bikes. This is my first set and I think they're truly top notch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chain : Welcome aboard! That's a pretty bike (and nice avatar too, btw).

This doesn't address your question about those particular bar ends, but if you do any sort of travel on your Blade, you might consider a set of Throttlemeisters. They are quite substantial, quelling vibes through the clip-ons, and have the added benefit of being a throttle lock.

http://www.throttlemeister.com/

I don't think I'll be without them on any future bikes. This is my first set and I think they're truly top notch.
Thanks, i didn't expect a reaction so quick.

I've been looking at the website from throttelmeister right away!

These look good, a bit exspensive thought.
Do you use the standard or the extra long ones?
How do they effect the handling of the bike?

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
As far as th quick reply goes, my friend Baketech will suggest that it's due to my having no social life outside fireblades.org.

The TMs will not adversely affect the handling of your bike.

I got the heavy variant.

Yes, they're pricey but well worth it. You can always remove them and install them on a future bike with a changeover kit from TM.

You can see several pictures of my TMs here:

Chain's 954

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chain : As far as th quick reply goes, my friend Baketech will suggest that it's due to my having no social life outside fireblades.org.

The TMs will not adversely affect the handling of your bike.

I got the heavy variant.

Yes, they're pricey but well worth it. You can always remove them and install them on a future bike with a changeover kit from TM.

You can see several pictures of my TMs here:

Chain's 954
Wow, I sure like youre bike !!

Looks like you really spend lots of cash on it.
Do you think the small TM's will also reduce vibrations?

I specially like the looks of the akropovic! are you satisfied with it? Can you tell me how it sounds?

I wanted to order one but I never heard one and the people from the shop I bought the bike from told me I can't install an akropovic because it sounds way to loud.

I also like the grapic on the tail 'RR - 954' where can i get one!?

I hope I dont make too many grammar errors

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
puggy : Wow, I sure like youre bike !!

Looks like you really spend lots of cash on it.
Do you think the small TM's will also reduce vibrations?

I specially like the looks of the akropovic! are you satisfied with it? Can you tell me how it sounds?

I wanted to order one but I never heard one and the people from the shop I bought the bike from told me I can't install an akropovic because it sounds way to loud.

I also like the grapic on the tail 'RR - 954' where can i get one!?

I hope I dont make too many grammar errors
Thanks.

Yes, I spend too damned much on all my bikes. And I'm not even the sickest bastard here in that regard.

Yes, the light version of the TM will still reduce vibes over your stock bar end weights, or so I would believe.

The Akrapovic is about the nicest bolt-on muffler you can purchase for your 'blade, in my opinion. Whoever told you it's way too loud might have been telling you the truth, however. From what I read in BIKE and other UK based mags, most pipe makers offer both on an off road versions of their canisters. I'm sure you'd have to get the restricted version. In any case, it's an outstanding piece of unrivaled build quality, and compared to some of the other mufflers widely available here (Two Brothers, D&D and others), it's not objectionably loud.

The graphics ---> http://www.tapeworks.com/

·
Registered
576 Posts
Heavier bar ends are a great mod for your bike, regardless if you get the TMs or plain ones. They will reduce, but probably not eliminate the vibrations.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome!

I have the HVM bar ends on my bike and a Throttlemeister on my VFR. Basically, they look and feel the same. The Throttlemeister is a 'must' if you do alot of long distance riding on the 'Blade. It does reduce alot of vibration and what it doesn't isn't annoying, at least to me.

Be ready to spend some $$ because these boys are just as bad as the gals when it comes to buying stuff for their bikes and they'll help you spend your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HondaGal : Welcome!    

I have the HVM bar ends on my bike and a Throttlemeister on my VFR.  Basically, they look and feel the same.  The Throttlemeister is a 'must' if you do alot of long distance riding on the 'Blade.  It does reduce alot of vibration and what it doesn't isn't annoying, at least to me.  

Be ready to spend some $$ because these boys are just as bad as the gals when it comes to buying stuff for their bikes and they'll help you spend your hard earned cash.  
Thanks everybody for your warm welcome!

HondaGal do you use the short or the long HVM bar ends?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
to the .org! I've got the Akrapovic bolt-on as well (titanium version) and although louder than stock, I don't think it's anywhere near as loud as some of the other pipes I've heard on sportbikes. I highly recommend it. I've gotta check out the Throttlemeisters, though - I don't have them yet and I do like to take some rides of distance.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If the chain is too tight you'll get more vibration. Mine seems pretty sensitive to this.

I'll trade a set of bar-ends if you go over to Belgium and pick me up a case of Palm beer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Skully : If the chain is too tight you'll get more vibration.  Mine seems pretty sensitive to this.  

I'll trade a set of bar-ends if you go over to Belgium and pick me up a case of Palm beer.  
Well I'm going to Belgium next Weekend I have a trip trough the Belgium Ardennes ?!!?

Now you mention the chain tention, when I carry a passenger the vibrations seem to increase

Can you guys/gals give me a adress where I can order a Akropovic??

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't know about the TM's, But I have LP bar sliders on my blade. Someone on here replyed to a thread I made about vibrations.Had to do with opening the bike up to the redline after riding for a little while! I didn't understand it! But it worked!! Oh yea

1 - 20 of 31 Posts