Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like i will be needing some plugs! They look fouled... So what do you think? DENSO or NGK??

Not happy either my local Honda Dealer had to replace the plugs under warranty last year and fitted the CR9EH-9 which i believe are not the OEM on a CBR900RR/W and in fact are a down grade?? Am i right???

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here in the U.S. the NGK CR9EH-9are standard for the 900RR. the Clymers manual also specs that plug for them as the OEM...

personaly i would be happy if a dealer replaced a set of plugs free as the CR9EH-9 plugs are pricy...

i have no expirence with the DENSO counterpats so i really cant say anyhting about those

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers buddy,

I just i thought i had read the iridium plugs were standard..??

I was'nt a happy chap the dealer a Honda dealer at that, had sold me an un-road worthy bike that they had forgot to MOT and PDI..lol

Cheers Stu

·
Registered
342 Posts
Cheers buddy,

I just i thought i had read the iridium plugs were standard..??

I was'nt a happy chap the dealer a Honda dealer at that, had sold me an un-road worthy bike that they had forgot to MOT and PDI..lol

Cheers Stu
I believe the CR9EH-9 plugs are iridium... which is why they are typically 2-3 times the cost of your standard plug...

sorry to hear that about your dealer doing that to you.. here in the states, a dealer like that would not last very long...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe the CR9EH-9 plugs are iridium... which is why they are typically 2-3 times the cost of your standard plug...

sorry to hear that about your dealer doing that to you.. here in the states, a dealer like that would not last very long...
That plug is a normal plug, add the suffix "IX" for iridium. For some reason, dealers want $15-$20 for the regular plug, you can get the same plug off Ebay or car stores for under $10.

I've also been told the CR9EK is a wicked plug to use and adds a few hp, they are the twin electrode plugs. I will be running those when my Blade is rebuilt. They can be had for under $10 a plug too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.