Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yep. The NHL is officially the "No Hockey League" now.

I say "So what?" It's about time these players realized their sport isn't popular here. You don't see Major League Soccer players demanding a $49 million salary cap. The players who believe they are worth big money have to play outside the US, because we ain't buying either sport for those kind of dollars.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
:twofing: I care! I'm gonna miss hockey b/c I hate the NBA and baseball is just boring(course maybe someone will explode due to all the juice MLB players are on) That would make baseball interesting.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Basketball sucks. Football is a one day a week sport??? Baseball, zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
It's not the players demanding more $$. The players association offered a more than 25% pay cut across the board to the NHL and they STILL rejected it! Frack Bettman, he came from the NBA anyway and made that boring as hell. Why does the last 2 mins of a b-ball game take 45 mins?? Hockey players have the longest season of all and on average make the least of all major sports.
The reason for the problem is team like the NY rump Rangers and The philly Flyers. SUPER BIG payroll and no championchips. Worst of all is the Rangers, highest salary in the league and they don't make the freakin playoffs. Then cry poverty? MANAGEMENT sucks, then NHL takes their side, get lost Bettman.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Hockey sucks anyway. :idunno: The players seem like stingy brats. (as are most pro sports players)

:clap:

Phuck the NHL and all the G R E E D Y players!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
#1 sport - Football
#2 sport HOCKEY!!!!

All you pansy baseball/basketball/nascar fans can :stfu:

Basketball -- "He touched me I want 2 freethrows"
Baseball -- "Waiting for the pitch....waiting.....waiting....waiting....waiting....."
Nacar -- "Lets watch a bunch of cars drive in circles for hundreds of miles, gee thats fun"

I dont care that the NHL is cancelled cuz now the would be LA Kings are still Manchester Monarchs so the AHL will be all the more exciting and my team (#1 right now) has a good chance of finishing the season #1 :thumb:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
sux. Players are so stupid. If they don't give up more salary, some teams will fold, and that's that. There's just not enough $ to go aroud.

How many of us who work for a big corp threatens to strike b/c our employer holds all the $?

It's the fourth liners who are going to hurt the most. For example, I have friends who've made it in life, drive 911 turbos and own $400K condos, while I drive a GTI and rent a room; but when we eat out, we're both ordering the steak. The same guys who bought their million dollar homes has a teammate who had to mortgage theirs. That's going to suck.

I think team owners were pretty fair, especially when there are very few true hockey cities left.

·
Registered
496 Posts
CBRBob said:
Hockey players have the longest season of all and on average make the least of all major sports.
Huh? :huh: Baseball players play 162 games. The Yankees play many more though! That's an INSANE amount of games, considering they are 3/hrs+ per. Relatively speaking, I feel baseball players earn their money cuz it's facking cold when they start the season and hot as hell the rest of the season. Sissy football players only play 16 lousy games.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
asiliat said:
sux. Players are so stupid. If they don't give up more salary, some teams will fold, and that's that. There's just not enough $ to go aroud.

How many of us who work for a big corp threatens to strike b/c our employer holds all the $?

It's the fourth liners who are going to hurt the most. For example, I have friends who've made it in life, drive 911 turbos and own $400K condos, while I drive a GTI and rent a room; but when we eat out, we're both ordering the steak. The same guys who bought their million dollar homes has a teammate who had to mortgage theirs. That's going to suck.

I think team owners were pretty fair, especially when there are very few true hockey cities left.
:clap:

JAMI6989 said:
Huh? Baseball players play 162 games. The Yankees play many more though! That's an INSANE amount of games, considering they are 3/hrs+ per. Relatively speaking, I feel baseball players earn their money cuz it's facking cold when they start the season and hot as hell the rest of the season.
While baseball does play about twice the number of games as hockey, I would contend that a ice hockey game is waaaay more physically draining than baseball game.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Let's all admit this much:
EVERY sport played professionally in the U.S. just plain SUCKS until the playoffs...EXCEPT NFL football.

NASCAR isn't really a sport; it's racing. Still, it's the most popular and competitive mainstream motorsports series in the world, and if you look past the extremely obvious and tired point about "driving in circles", it's often extremely entertaining (more than any regular season basketball or baseball game, for example).

At least NASCAR guys TURN. You wanna talk about drag racing? Funny how you never hear people bashing John Force and the like. I can just imagine...
"Gee, let's watch a bunch of cars go really fast in a STRAIGHT LINE for an entire QUARTER MILE!" :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hockey is going to go right into the toilet. It was already losing popularity (boring neutral-zone trapping, holding, less fighting, etc) in the recent years anyway and this is going to just hammer the sport. WWF wrasslin' is going to get more air time than hockey on ESPN after this.

Hey...who cares anyway. We used to get together and catch every Blues game we could. Now most don't even know when they're playing because they've gotten so boring to watch over the last few years. You can only take so much of pass-hack-hold-dump....pass-hack-hold-dump...

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
:clap: I say cancel the MLB, NBA, NFL, and whatever else is left. They all suck and they're all greedy bastids. Need more money my arse. You play a GAME and you get paid millions from your team plus all the endorsements, etc :rolleyes: Gimme a break. How 'bout we give some of that money to our schools so we can have a decent education system. Many levies didn't pass in November in surrounding school districts forcing schools to cut classes. Over 20 just in the town I live in...and they weren't just extra classes...math, science, etc. We can't pay our teachers $40k/yr but we can pay some no-talent-ass-clown $100million because he can make a basket and do a couple fancy dunks :rant: :rant: :soapbox: :toilet: :poop:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bottom line is waaay too many professional athletes get paid waaaay too much money. Period.

...And don't even get me started on what the hip-hop rapper industry makes. :soapbox:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts