Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Man, actually, I'm impressed. He hung with it until the last second when he knew he was going to short it and bailed.

Violent flip when he hit, that had to hurt a bit.

Wonder if that was out in Riverside County where I used to live....

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
What normal sane person would think it was a good idea to go 175 miles an hour on a motorcycle?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
luvtolean said:
What normal sane person would think it was a good idea to go 175 miles an hour on a motorcycle?
Who's doing 175 and where? :huh:

Nothing good could come from that jump! There was no way he was making a perfect landing under those conditions.

I have a wooden ramp in my backyard, you want to see how far you can land the MV? :idunno: :p

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
No, but I'll take it out and go 175 on it...or whatever its top speed is! (closed course of course) :D

It looked to me like there's actually a trail to that hit, I'm guessing he's not the only one to try it.

Have you ever watched a snowboarding or mt bike vid? They do shit far more crazy than that all the time...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
luvtolean said:
They do shit far more crazy than that all the time...
With respect to mtn bikes, I'd like to see that. I have never seen anything like the one I posted, where things seem so dangerous and uncalculated.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phobiaphobe said:
Speaking of nice bikes, let's see some new pics of your titsed-out 'Blade.
I guess you missed my other post where I admitted that I didn't have a Blade, and the photos were hijacked from another site.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Pete said:
With respect to mtn bikes, I'd like to see that. I have never seen anything like the one I posted, where things seem so dangerous and uncalculated.
Start looking for some freeride vids. Darren Barrecloth is particularly crazy.

The Red Bull Rampage is known for guys doing stuff that rips the headstocks right off of frames. The average guys follow trails where others have gone, but the guys that go big and want to win do it on unprepared hits others aren't trying, they just go do it.

This will give you an idea. The very first jump here looks pretty stupid as the landing is flat, and it looks like he could fall off of a cliff if he misses. There are no shovels in sight building jumps.

I don't know if I'd call it worse, but it gives you an idea.

http://www.redbullrampage.com/showmovie.php?vid=4&format=wm

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
luvtolean said:
Here's the best Rampage vid I found on their site. This one shows more crashes and guys flying off cliffs.

http://www.redbullrampage.com/showmovie.php?vid=8&format=wm
Most of those jumps are in a controlled environment in the sense that they can walk the run their about to do before hand and see what's possible and what's not. Most importantly, these guys are professionals with the proper equipment to try and pull off these ludicrous jumps! :thumb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
sheepofblue said:
:hi: got the paperwork to prove it also :D
Let me get this straight. A person, who refers to himself as a sheep in the third person...is supposed to be normal and sane?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
soon2b954 said:
Most of those jumps are in a controlled environment in the sense that they can walk the run their about to do before hand and see what's possible and what's not. Most importantly, these guys are professionals with the proper equipment to try and pull off these ludicrous jumps! :thumb:
Well, this jump was clearly set-up beforehand. That jump was not built that day and there was a trail to it. And no, you can't even walk all the lines on the Rampage. Go watch that second vid.

And who knows who that was under the helmet. He certainly had all the same gear the "pros" use. He also crashed hard, like all pros do.

It's just another crazy adrenaline junky that missed one of his big jumps.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts