Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went to replace my rear tire the other day and realized I don't have a socket big enough for my rear axle nut. Sooooo..... instead of taking it off with something else (used vise grips that day) and bringing it to the store to buy the wrench that's the right size I am hoping one of you will tell me and save me the trouble. ?????? So what size?

Also is the chain tension nut a 12mm??

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
According to RonAyers.com the rear axle has a 22 mm nut. If I'm picking the chain tension nut off the microfiche correctly, it is an 8 mm nut. Select your socket sizes accordingly which are, I think, 33 and 13 mm.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
According to RonAyers.com the rear axle has a 22 mm nut. If I'm picking the chain tension nut off the microfiche correctly, it is an 8 mm nut. Select your socket sizes accordingly which are, I think, 33 and 13 mm.
You won't find 33mm or 13mm nuts or bolts on any Jap bike.
The axle nut is 32mm.
The adjusters are 12mm.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I didn't know that. Usually all I do is keep trying until I get one that fits snug :)

In trying to answer OPs question, I took the sizes from here Bolt Depot - Metric Nut Size Table - Diameter and Height for the 8 mm and from here Metric Nut, Bolt, Screw, Washer Threads, Dimensions, Sizes, Tap Drill Size, Hole Size, for the 22 mm. But experience trumps looking on a chart.
You've read the socket head sizes instead A/F.
Fixings generally go 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 22, 24, 27, 32 and 36mm A/F.
Some cars have 9mm head bolts and some hose clamps are 7mm A/F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts