Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was almost 60 today! Damn right I took out the bike to go for a spin. Met up with friends and rode a good 3-4 hours today. Had to take it out of winterization, but now I am reminded of how heroine addicts feel after getting a small fix after a long break once again. Now I gotta wait for another day, but this means spring is here and we can finally slowly start to ride again!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
unfortunately there is still sand all over the roads here. I have found from past experiences that high horsepower, 2 wheels, and sand do not mix very well. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so hopefully that will wash away most of the sand so I can finally get the bike out of the garage for a spin. God I hope so!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
2k2954 said:
unfortunately there is still sand all over the roads here. I have found from past experiences that high horsepower, 2 wheels, and sand do not mix very well. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so hopefully that will wash away most of the sand so I can finally get the bike out of the garage for a spin. God I hope so!!

Hi 2 k,

I noticed your from Gardner. I grew up in Athol and still have friends and relatives that live there. We usually meet up and ride once or twice per year mostly in the Quabbin reservoir and U mass Amherst area. Would like to try more central Mass in your area U have any suggestions for routes in that area?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Isn't too much around here, I mostly ride in Western Mass and New Hampshire. There are great roads around the Quabbin area, out west by North Adams, and in the Keene area. There are lots of backroads around here but they are all old crappy roads. Not the type of roads that are fun for our bikes!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2k2954 said:
I agree, sand is not a good thing. But roads here aren't that bad, as long as you stick to main roads. No going through twisties or anything, but it was still nice to just get out on 2 wheels. Supposed to rain until around noon tommorrow, so hopefully after all that, it will dry up and by 2-3 I will have the bike out once again...wishful thinking? :idunno: yeah, probably, but thats what makes me wake up in the morning! :smilebig:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much that this warm weather will continue. We've had lots of major snowstorms in March. I'm hoping this early Spring weather will stick around, though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts