Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this link on WERA. Great pics of the boyz backin' it in!

Thread

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Anyone taken this class?

American Supercamp

I took it before it was 600 dollars! Ouch. However as a Honda Riders Club member I think you get like 50 bucks off. Great class. Teaches awesome handling skills. Anyway, Johnny Murphy (Guy in the pics) was one of the instructors. E-boz showed up with his dad one day too. I got to stuff him into a turn too! Then of course he came flying around me on the outside, but still, I STUFFED HIM!

For some one that has only been on street bikes (me) it was a wonderful way to learn control of the bike...and all bikes. It really transfered confidence and smoothness to the street.

-Shrub

·
Registered
304 Posts
did you stuff Eric, or his dad? What do you mean by you stuffed him? Or did he see you trying to prove something, and wait for an opening so some no body doesnt cause him an injury? :smilebig:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
did you stuff Eric, or his dad? What do you mean by you stuffed him? Or did he see you trying to prove something, and wait for an opening so some no body doesnt cause him an injury? :smilebig:

I mean I saw him (Eric) coming up the inside, I closed it off and he slammed on the breaks. However his far superior skills allowed him to immediately whack the gas on and slide around me on the outside, thereby avoiding injury to himself and anyone else in the class. He was on an XR200 and I was on an XR100 but on that short little flat dirt course it didn't make that much of a difference. I wasn't trying to prove anything, it was almost inadvertant as I was heading that way anyway and just chose to close him off rather than let him go through. But in reality "The fish was THIS BIG!!! *arms stretched out*.

-Shrub

Edit: Not to take anything away from Eric's dad. That man is SO fast as well. I can see where Eric and Ben get it from.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That sounds like such a blast shrub! :thumb: Do they supply you with a bike? Sounds like a great experience. I really want to give Motard a try, funny how it started so well in the US then died off and went to Europe, but now its back and attracting some really great racers from all kinds of series. I cant wait to go and check out some events this year. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts