Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my thread is asking about this thing : Welcome to SwitchEasy!
that protects the sensor portion of the Nike Ipod deal.

But since everyone I have talked to doesen't know wtf I am talking about:
Apple - Nike + iPod

Im not a runner, but going to get it for someone that is...was just wondering if it's the shizzle or a piece of shizzle. Anyone have any experience?

Sunbert you better reply, even if its just to flame me for owning a nano :smilebig:

·
Registered
954 Posts
i dont know anything about the switch easy clip on thing you're looking at. But i can tell you that i own the Nike Shox with the hole bored out of the sole under the insoles and carry my nano with an armstrap and the system works flawlessly. :thumb:

If you do happen to get the clip for the chip post up the results of it because I dont want to be stuck buying Nike ipod ready shoes for the rest of my running life..

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah for 8$ I am willing to risk it ;)

Is there a list of what shoes it works in and doesen't? I looked at getting a tight pair of Nike's go to along with it - but I couldn't find any that didn't require some Dremel activity :huh:...this was at the Nike store mind you, and no - I hate asking people for help :smilebig:

I walked around today at the office with the thing just stuck in my laces and it works ok, so I think that clip deal will be fine. I will post up once I know tho.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Apple - Nike + iPod - Gear

Theres a list of the compatible shoes. all your essentially looking for when you go into the nike store is the Nike Plus models...as you can see tey have whatever you want from a normal Nike Plus Air right down to the Nike Plus Shox.

Essentially with these shoes you lift the insole and there is a tiny square that you drop the chip into and then put ur insole back over it.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice :thumb: Thanks F1, for some reason the Nike+ never registerd as "nikeplus" to me, yeah I failed all those word questions as a kid too, damnit.

Well the clip thing will be here shortly I guess, will let you know how it works on my Adidas.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Apple - Nike + iPod - Gear

Theres a list of the compatible shoes. all your essentially looking for when you go into the nike store is the Nike Plus models...as you can see tey have whatever you want from a normal Nike Plus Air right down to the Nike Plus Shox.

Essentially with these shoes you lift the insole and there is a tiny square that you drop the chip into and then put ur insole back over it.
The problem is that IMO Nike's running shoes aren't the best for distance runners. Especially heavier dudes like me. Hard core runners have their favs. Most I hang w/ are either wearing Saucony, Asics, or Brooks.

HD

·
Registered
954 Posts
I dont know if I'd agree with that statement or not. I am not "heavy dude" by any stretch of the imagination (weighing in at a whopping 180 pounds soaking wet) but i run at least 5 miles every morning and I love the Nike Plus Shox. Always been a fan of the Nike shoe for training. Whenever I was running club track I had Nike spikes and when I ran cross country in highschool, I had another set of Nike spikes.

Granted you won't be able to go into a Foot Locker or Athletes world and get a great long distance running shoe, but should you go to a running specific store (Up here we have The Running Room) they've got some great shoes I've never even seen at the Nike store, all made purposely for long distance running.

IMO Nike makes a damn good training shoe IF you go to running specific store and get a good pair and dont mind shelling out a little extra for them. :twocents:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Measure your pace, distance and stuff liek that and then you upload your days workout on the Nike Plus website and you can track total distance run overall, average pace, averange distance. That sort of stuff. Instead of keeping notebooks and botebooks full of workout progress the Nike website stores all that information for you right on the site and breaks things down for you so you dont even have to do the math or anything.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've heard it go both ways w/ that shoe. Some love them some hate them.

:idunno:
They have a different kind of cushioning in them that I really really like other people find them too "soft". Seeings how I have bad knees I need that extra impact absorbing feature on the Shox the closest thing i've ever come to that is with a pair of Asics but they were like 50 dollars more so I went with the Nike's. personally love them but I've trained with a few guys that bought a pair and prompty returned them because they really didnt like them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
since the chip is inside the shoes underneath the insole. absolutely nothing happens to it. I've had it out in the rain, freezing rain and snow and still works fine.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
since the chip is inside the shoes underneath the insole. absolutely nothing happens to it. I've had it out in the rain, freezing rain and snow and still works fine.
That is really good to know, as I enjoy my sports during all the seasons. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts