Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im new here but have done a TON of research before i posted this.
i laid my bike down, and now it will not give power to the fuel pump.
I have a new front sub harness and that didnt fix it either.
i have bypassed the bank sensor, by jumping the two outside wires
i hear the fuel cut off relay click, i have switched the headlight relay with the fuel relay, still no help.
i have tested the kill switch and it functions properly.
I have noticed that when i turn the key to "ON" the rpm needle does not move( i cant remember if it did before?)
The bike will turn over fine, just no fuel.
any help is appreciated

its a 2002 954 with 20k miles

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Does the pump run if you provide a direct source of 12 volts to it?

I don't think the rpm needle moves when you power it on - it doesn't on my 929 anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the wiring to direct power it? I read that the plain brown wire is the 12v power is this correct?
also when putting direct power to it do i have to also ground it?
thanks

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Green is usually ground, so whatever is left over is the +12volt line. Yes you'll need to complete the circuit in order for electricity to flow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill go out and try that. im guessing green is ground and one of the two brown wires is the 12 volt wire, and the other is for the fuel light.ill report back soon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well i didnt get it fixed, but my friend traded bikes with me so now i have one thats running.thanks for the help

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok well i didnt get it fixed, but my friend traded bikes with me so now i have one thats running.thanks for the help
hi

i know it's a old post but did your friend find the problem.
I got the same problem with the fuel pump and if i put 12 volts on the pump the bike runs like normal.

on the fuel cutt of relat there is 3 times 12 volts but the cable to the fuel pump doesn't get 12 volts.
I did already change the relay but that didn't help.

hopefully you got the answer to the problem

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
there should be 2 black with white stripe - these must show 12v with the ignition on and kill switch on. The Brown wire goes to the pump which should have 12 when cranking and/or running. the other is the Brown/Black wire which feed back to the ECU. The ECU earths this wire to switch the relay on. I would first test/switch-out the relay. if that does not help and there is 12v on both the black with white stripe wires then its an issue with the earth back to the ECU. First I would then check all connectors for corrosion. you can get electrical contact cleaning spray which is good to get in to awkward connectors. If the bike runs there aint a lot wrong. hth

·
Registered
9 Posts
there should be 2 black with white stripe - these must show 12v with the ignition on and kill switch on. The Brown wire goes to the pump which should have 12 when cranking and/or running. the other is the Brown/Black wire which feed back to the ECU. The ECU earths this wire to switch the relay on. I would first test/switch-out the relay. if that does not help and there is 12v on both the black with white stripe wires then its an issue with the earth back to the ECU. First I would then check all connectors for corrosion. you can get electrical contact cleaning spray which is good to get in to awkward connectors. If the bike runs there aint a lot wrong. hth
Hej Machinehead,

Youre right, the black white got 12 Volts on them. The brown black goes to the ECU and get's 12 Volts also.
The relay works because it kliks not connected to the cable harnes. so the bronw to the pump get's nothing.
when the brown hit's the brown black the relay kliks. But still no 12 Volts to the pump connection.
All the ground are checkt what could find. The only thing left is a ECU that is fried on the pump part i think.
Because if i feed the pump 12 Volts the bike runs like normal.

What do you think?
And could there be a cheap fix to that and not buying a new ECU?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts