Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago my significant other picked up a used 05 600RR. After about a week we were heading up the highway and I checked to see if she was behind me and her headlights were off. A looked again a short time later and then they were working again. This hasn't happened since until tonight. We stopped and they went out and haven't come on since. I found the fuse and it was still good. I tested the the socket and the bulbs are not getting any current at all. Tomorrow I am going to start pulling plastic and tracing and checking wires. This is my first time working on a 600RR. Any advise or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MY friends R1 had this problem what had happend what the plug for the wiring harness two wires had became hot and burnt the connection nothing real major or that could cause death just snipped the wires and jumped the wires straight to each other you might have the smae problem if the fuses are good or it could be a bad ground just a suggestion though
Noah

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Check out the light switch in the handle bars and also the red-killer switch (it doesn't seem to be the killer switch but make sure all the contacts are clean etc)

Seems like a dodgy connection.

Good luck

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check the starter switch! When you push the starter button, it cuts power to the light to allow maximum power for cranking. Sometimes a sticky/dirty switch connection will cause them to come on and off or just stay off all together.

Fox

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a air hose and blew the crap out of the start button last night but was to tired to disassemble the case. I think you guys are right, if it were one headlight I would look at the wires first but both headlights are more like a switch some were. I had an old Yamaha FZ that had problems with the starter button but this bike is a lot cleaner than my old beater Yamaha's. But I have never dealt with a plastic tank before and don't have a clue what I am going to find when I can finally get the damn cover off. I am defiantly going to have to get a manual for this bike. At least it is pouring rain outside so I don't have the itch to ride today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts