Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS just dropped it off :eyebrows:

So far it was a snap to assemble. Came with some tire lube and 3 extra removal tips. No stickers though :mad:

I need to figure a way to store it in the trailer but it breaks down OK.

Review to follow Putnam if I need to swap tires (think I will after Saturday)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I did not have to change my tires do to rain and not getting 2 dry days on them. I will be swapping mine now that I am home though and will add to this if my opinion changes.

We swapped 2 sets fairly fast on Saturday as two people were running slicks as the rain came. There was a few of us figuring it out but it went fairly well and fast. The only mark coming from someones demand for a tire iron (it really is no-mar if you use it as they say. There was a little learning curve as we didn't have the instruction videos and no one had used it before. We had trouble getting the remount bar to work but everything got on and for an at track or at home option the receiver mount is :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: With a bit of practice I think a person could pull thier tires change them and get stuff back together before their session comes back up.

On day two Kawboy69 swapped his back pretty much by himself and said he figured the magic trick on the remount bar.

The only complaint is the video instructions. They are excellant but in VCD format :huh: Why they chose such a flaky format is beyond me. I could not even get it to play and went to the site to download them so I would have them at the track. They are in Flash on the site :crap: I plan on emailing them on getting a different format but even for a Windoz user the format is strange and poor for what is a very useful set of video.

Therefore I give it a :thumb::thumb::thumb: 9/10's with a 1/10 hoof off for the video.

EDIT: Feel free to chime in Hammer and Kawboy69 as you were there and might have some to add that will help people.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you think the hitch mount is as good as having it solidly mounted to cement floor? I want one. Of course I have alread marred all my wheels with Harbor Freight changer, tire irons and impatience:(

·
Registered
476 Posts
:hand: Couple 2x4's and some pry bars work fine for me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Woo. Jealous, I think. What kind of price range are we talking?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woo. Jealous, I think. What kind of price range are we talking?
http://www.nomartirechanger.com/

I got the unit without the base, a receiver mount (my intention was track use) and 3 of the XtraHand clamps. The clamps are cool and with one person would be hugely useful. Not sure you need three but I would recommend at least one.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah I bought the bar to go with my Harbor Freight changer which has some rubber/duct tape/cloth straps rigged to prevent scratches and it works great. The bar is $90 but well worth it. Also I bought a static balancer from ebay for about $80 or so and it all goes pretty smooth. It takes me about 1 hour to remove wheels, dismount, remount, and balance.
The No-Mar guys were at Mid-Ohio this past weekend and I stopped to talk them and he gave me a leverage piece to mount to the bar which WAS my only complaint (one tip popped out occasionally when mounting the tire). ANYWAYS, they had all 3 setups there and the hitch mount was built good like the others and seemed to do the job.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1/10 of a hoof. I emailed asking for a different version since I could not get the original to play and the site has flash (can't save to harddrive) I get a quick response but they were headed to Mid Ohio so it would not be immediate (perfectly understandable). Well today I get the video on DVD and it is great. Quick friendly service AND a great product. The only thing left is for me to figure out a mount system for trailer storage :eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Yeah I bought the bar to go with my Harbor Freight changer which has some rubber/duct tape/cloth straps rigged to prevent scratches and it works great. The bar is $90 but well worth it. Also I bought a static balancer from ebay for about $80 or so and it all goes pretty smooth. It takes me about 1 hour to remove wheels, dismount, remount, and balance.
The No-Mar guys were at Mid-Ohio this past weekend and I stopped to talk them and he gave me a leverage piece to mount to the bar which WAS my only complaint (one tip popped out occasionally when mounting the tire). ANYWAYS, they had all 3 setups there and the hitch mount was built good like the others and seemed to do the job.
What's this leverage piece you speak of? I purchased the bar and at times have the same problem as you described

·
Registered
574 Posts
Heres a pic. You can see how it works in the picture but you just use the leverage piece to push down to keep the tips in the wheel. It has a set screw so you adjust it to your liking.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have used this as my riding club has one, but in all honesty, its hard and if your looking to make money at the track time is an object, as you need to do them fast. This thing is nice but takes a lot of effort and time.

Myself personally couldn't stand doing it on the no mar anymore, so i bought my own, i got the Atlas TC411, and its perfect, works very easy its fully hydralic and get the job done super fast. Has delron insurts so there is no maring of any kind. Works awsome.

Just my 2 cents after using both machines.

-Nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts