Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and 6 other riders went in as a group and bought a NO-MAR classic tire changing machine and balancer set up. The installation was fairly easy and we changed our first set of tires on one of the partners Ducati 1098 last night. As advertised we were able to change his tires on the Marchesni rims without scratching them. It's an excellent piece of equipment and well worth the money if you have a small group that wants to go in together and buy a complete changer set up.

In a day and time where we're paying $40 wheel to have tires mounted and balanced by the time you change 2 sets of tires you have recouped your in vestment and get the satisfaction of doing your own work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I will also vouche for this tire changer... it's probably one of the most simple and easy to use things ever. it takes me longer to get over there, than it does to change the tire... and i don't have to worry about paying a dealership to scratch my rims...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought the classic with balancer setup myself. Still in the box. Waiting for it to warm up more before I install in the garage. Actually it'll probably take me longer to clean out a spot for it. Can't wait to use it and change my buddy's tires! All because of this thread. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If I decide to get another tire changer (I currently have some POS that is just collecting dust...too difficult to use), it'll be the No-Mar Classic. A friend and I were at the motorcycle show and they were doing a demo of it. I've changed tires before on the POS, so I know how much of a PITA it can be. We asked the No-Mar guy if we could have a go at it. He walked both of us through a dismount/mount. Two gals changing tires brought them a crowd, too! :cool: It was easy to use. Once you get a few techniques down...piece of cake. Good product.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i've seen this in action too, and this thing rocks.. when work is more plentiful i plan to get a group together as well.. awesome product..

·
Registered
16 Posts
love mine...going to mount it in the trailer i'm gonna get so i have a tire changer at the track. good stuff...haven't scratched a rim since using it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally got it set up in the garage. Changed a few tires for some friends. Cussed at the thing the first time or two, then each time it got easier. I got it down now. But I am also a rookie tire changer. Lack of instructions when assembling it, but maybe if you can't figure out how to put it together, you probably shouldn't change your own tires. ?? I spent more time with a dewalt hammer drill than I care to talk about...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anyone have a pic of how they got their (mounter) mounted???

Freestanding, garage bench, trailer??? And what does one cost??? I've seen a frew from 250-750?? Maybe just an add on but I'm guessing about 750??

You got my attention.

-Ivan

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought an Atlas TC421 and even though its a little spendy it was well worth it. Also forget conventional balancing and check out innovativebalancing.com, I use dynabeads on all the tires I mount and I'm starting to see the tires get more mileage since they are always "in balance" compared to conventional balancing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I personally know the owners of No Mar Steve and Sue ride with them occasionally very nice people to deal with. Great tire changer to:thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts