Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what will be the signs if the oil will get in the oil filter but wouldn't come out ?
i just change the oil on my 929 and i hope i didn't let any plastic cover on the oil filter ( i know it is stupid ).............

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Start the bike, if it builds oil pressure, you'll be fine.

If you dont want to do that, drain your oil into a clean container, remove the filter, inspect, reinstall and pour oil back in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i start the bike . no red light .....so i guess i have oil pressure . i went for a quick ride all seems good .
another question shouldn't an oil filter have a bypass in case it gets clogged ?
i use a OEM filter for my 929

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i start the bike . no red light .....so i guess i have oil pressure . i went for a quick ride all seems good .
another question shouldn't an oil filter have a bypass in case it gets clogged ?
i use a OEM filter for my 929

Yes, the filter has a bypass valve.
At high RPM most of your oil is bypassing the filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Start the bike, if it builds oil pressure, you'll be fine.

If you dont want to do that, drain your oil into a clean container, remove the filter, inspect, reinstall and pour oil back in.
There is no need to drain the oil from the bike to remove the oil filter.

The oil that is in the filter will spill from the filter when removed but the oil in the oil pan will stay put. Unless your bike is upside down.:thumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys
the bike is in storage for the winter , i will do a full check up in the spring
thanks again for all your help ; fireblades.org rules :thumb:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Why would there be plastic in the filter? OEM filters should have a thin plastic wrapper around the whole thing that you have to remove to install it.....but nothing inside the filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts