Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one im new to the forum but need some help, I bought a 2000 929rr about 3 months a go from craigslist, replaced the clutch and have been riding daily as the weather permits, cold dosent bother me. the bike has gave me no problems untill today when I go out to warm it up, I turn on the key, the lights come on as always, flip the kill switch, fuel pump comes on, hit the starter and the bike turned over for like 2 seconds, and it was like somebody turned the key off, no lights no gauge lights nothing, i turned the key on and off nothing happens no lights no nosies nothing, i figued it was the battery so i checked it by jumping the starter solinoid the starter turned just fine. checked all my fuses every thing looks fine. but i have no power anywhere when i turn the key, im clueless.

could it be the pickup in the bottem of the ingnition switch. thanks for your time. really love this bike

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
might have blown a fuse-theres a hidden one near the battery compartment........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know much about these bikes where is the hidden fuse i checked the on on the starter solinoid thanks jetpilot

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The ignition relay is the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went out to test power on the ingnition switch, tried the bike first and the bike powered up as it should, let it warm up to around 170f, went to take off and didn't make it 10ft. the bike cut off no lights or nothing just like it was, pushed the bike to the garge and it powered back up

really confused, don't know what to do, could that still be my ingnition switch
please help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts