Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 929 blade it will not start at all just cranks over.

my fuel pump primes, injectors work, kill switch works, side stand switch works, i power to the coil plugs but nothing in the coil itself got 12.54 volts ignition on and 10.54 when cranking, bike was working fine until I fixed my headlight wire as it burnt out then after that the bike just refused to start.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
and make sure every plug is firmly back together after the headlight fix. Check earths too - there are multiple earthing points; not sure where the ECU earths but if the injectors are squirting fuel its less likely to be an earth issue as both the injectors and coils earth back via the ecu but still worth a look.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,356 Posts
Check bottom of ignition cylinder for a damaged Zener Diode by measuring dc voltage at the pink wire. Should show around 9vdc.
If all else fails, it could be the ECU, I’ve seen trouble shooting til the cows come that leads to the ECU however, in your case it’s probably the pink wire out of the ignition. When the ECU fails, the fuel pump generally does not prime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check bottom of ignition cylinder for a damaged Zener Diode by measuring dc voltage at the pink wire. Should show around 9vdc.
If all else fails, it could be the ECU, I’ve seen trouble shooting til the cows come that leads to the ECU however, in your case it’s probably the pink wire out of the ignition. When the ECU fails, the fuel pump generally does not prime.
I don’t have the diode in the barrel but the pink wire is attached too my hiss system not the barrel itself

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,356 Posts
Sorry mate, but the HISS to us Yanks is worse than reading Mandarin Chinese with one eye through a keyhole in micro type 😉

I have zero knowledge for HISS, sorry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Think you have to go back to the start and find out why the headlight wire burned out, trouble is with these older bikes is the wiring, over time and use the wiring can become brittle and break , if the wiring to the headlight was partly broken the voltage would get through but the amperage would build up and burn the wire, tedious I know but check through the wiring system for any signs of chaffing and replace

·
Registered
88 Posts
The voltage at the ignition pulse gen should be measured by a Peak Voltage Adapter as its very low and wave forming, but if you see it any thing from 0.7v up then its alright , it needs to pulse Earth at the ECU or you wont have a spark at the coil, you can also do his test at the ECU Grey connector Yellow and Green wires, but you can test the pick-up coils for resistance

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Ropp/Callum - simple test for the crank sensor is that if the fuel pump runs when the engine is being turned over (cranked) then its getting the single from the the crank sensor. the pump primes when the ignition is turned on, it stops, but then the pump will run when the engine cranks and the single/trigger for this is from the crank sensor.

wiring on the cam sensor is worth a look to - I has one wire break on this one. Mounts LH side of the engine near the cam cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts