Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had to disconnect the bl/w wire going to the clutch side switches. This is the wire which the icm grounds via ignition pulse generator to get spark. Normally it shows 12v.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Alright, it was warm enough today to work on it. I plugged in the pulse generator and jumped the Green pin to the Green-White pin at the kickstand connector. The neutral switch had the green indicator light on and the clutch switch was unplugged and shorted at the connectors.

The battery had 12.17 volts and the spark plug I was using was new. Still no spark.

Any ideas? Pictures are in Post #16... Replace the coils or pulse generator maybe?

Before I replace the pulse generator, I'd like to make sure that it's broken. My manual doesnt explain how to test it fully. Can anyone link me to a resource on how to test each ignition circuit component?
Check resistance at the pulse gen connector between Yellow and yellow/White , should be 460-580 ohms

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to disconnect the bl/w wire going to the clutch side switches. This is the wire which the icm grounds via ignition pulse generator to get spark. Normally it shows 12v.
I have a 95 CBR900RR or I was just wondering if anybody had a pinout of the wiring on the Control module plug mine got ripped out somebody tried to steal it if somebody could Gmail me a picture of what color wire goes in what hole send it to [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I got spark from all four plugs this weekend! I jumped the kickstand and the clutch switch properly with the battery fully charged.

It's still not starting though. It puffed a little starting fluid smoke in cylinder #3 but otherwise just cranked. I know it's getting fuel as the fuel pump will push gas from my external test tank right through the float tanks if I open them up. There's no vacuum operation from anything connected to the tank. It has spark, and the airbox is off so it has air. Not sure where to go from here.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Hi matey, so just to be sure ,you have fuel and a spark, the fuel is fed into your carbs by an Aux petrol tank, not trying to a clever A***e but have you got the spark leads on the right plugs , easy mistake to make (as I know) worth a check, and when you try the next time try WOT just for 5seconds or so and then connect the fuel, see how it goes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah I saw the spark on each plug and I have the pump feeding from an external tank. I will check that the leads are on the right plugs. Do you mean wide open with the pump pumping air or wide open with the pump removed?

Thank you as always.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
No fuel connected and wide open throttle just to clean the cylinders out, remember its a wasted spark ,so connection is 1 and 4 cylinders from the left coil and 2 and 3 cylinders from the right coil, check wiring diagram if not sure, then connect fuel and hopefully chug chug;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hm... it may have had them hooked up with the left and right switched. I'll check.

Is there a "Cranks and Has Spark but Doesnt Start" resource/bible on here I should look at?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts