Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so my rims and rubber arrived today. out in the garage i have a snatch block chained to the work beam i have in the rafters for pulling engines. i can park the jeep out side run the winch in tie a rope to my bars and suspend my 9 but if a cross hitch slips or my winch slips a tooth i am ####erd . so how can i change the front tire with no stand???
the back i just slide a floor jack under the header and up it goes but the front..... hmmm in a somewhat safe manner?? how do i do it ??

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
If you are just swapping wheels you can get a buddy to come over and lever it up on the side stand and rear wheel while you do the swapping. I have done this a few times with no problem. Make sure you unbolt your calipers and loosen all bolts before your friend lifts so there is minimal time that he is holding it. Your job is to swap out the wheels and replace the axle. If you have to swap rotors too, just take all trhe bolts out while it is still on the bike and just get them started on the new wheel. The bike wont be heavy sitting on the stand, you buddy just has to keep it neutral.
Chris

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i will be changing rotors . but i think i may be solo on this unless i want to wait a few days . and um i am not so patient too wait but i gues if it comes down to it i may have to thanks .. any more ideas? tried and true ideas..

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hell, it's easy if you've got a way to suspend the bike.

- lift up the front end by straps wrapped around the triple tree
- lift up the rear either by placing a jack under each side of the swingarm, or by putting a regular jack w/wood block under the HTEV (or thereabouts)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Or, if you have a hoist allready set up and are afraid of a tooth slipping on the winch, string it up with some rope and arm power. Tie the rope around the triples/forks and then tie the other end off to the bumper of the jeep.
Chris

·
Registered
146 Posts
Get some ratcheting tie downs from Walmart or a come-a-long and a nylon strap. You won't have to lift it very far.T hen use your jack under the header for the rear.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet guys thanks for the input . i like the suspend bike... nice and solid so it doesn't fall idea . but i went a head and jacked right at the front of the header and the front tire came up like one cm of the ground and well that was all i needed so i was real careful and did em up . so you can do wheel changes in like an hour and 15 min with only a floor jack and tool kit supplied I'll get some pics up after i get the high mount on tomorrow . i tell you the white rims sure bring out a contrast on this bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts