Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off it’s my first time on here and any help will be appreciated. I have a 2001 f4i. Just had cct replaced. Now I have a noise that sounds like a rattle but not a continuous rattle when I release the throttle and on deceleration. I can kind of hear it when I rev the throttle and it’s about to drop down to idling. What do u think it could be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an oem part. But I really don’t think it is the tensioner just from the sound. It’s not the same rattle and it sounds almost like something is flapping but only when I let the throttle go. I know I’ve read that the cct is a common problem on f4i as they do no release all the way and you can manually do it will a Phillips head. I’ve also read maybe the barrings but I don’t think it’s that either. But then again I’m not a mechanic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also it sounds like it’s coming from the front end of that helps at all
Does the noise change at all when in neutral and pulling the clutch in and letting it out
It doesn’t make the sound in neutral or while I’m holding down throttle. Only when I release the throttle and it sounds like it does it a little right when I’m about to release the clutch all the way

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you checked the Drive Chain and sprockets , but could be just the Drive Chain when letting off the accelerator could cause the noise, try adjusting any slack out of the chain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts