Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put the APE manual tensioner in my 94 900RR in order to cure the worn out OEM tensioner (bike has 31k on it)

When the bike is cold, if I get on it moderately hard it makes a noise like the cam chain is slapping around quietly but it goes away after about 5-10 minutes of riding. At this point I'm not sure what it is; I don't want to tighten the tensioner down any more if I can avoid it as I'm afraid it'll be too tight.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So I put the APE manual tensioner in my 94 900RR in order to cure the worn out OEM tensioner (bike has 31k on it)

When the bike is cold, if I get on it moderately hard it makes a noise like the cam chain is slapping around quietly but it goes away after about 5-10 minutes of riding. At this point I'm not sure what it is; I don't want to tighten the tensioner down any more if I can avoid it as I'm afraid it'll be too tight.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

If you're getting on it hard under about 4000RPM I'd be guessing you're hearing detonation?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,045 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it out today and put 20 miles on it. The last couple of miles it started running poorly and dropped the idle down to 900-1000. It doesn't sound healthy. Hmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts