Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find some pegs that don't fold, for a 929? Of course I could buy aftermarket rearsets, but I can't afford them.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Why would you want a set of non folding pegs? That's just asking for a peg to bury itself into the ground and toss a rider.

However, I will likely never know. You have to first lean a bike over that far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
be careful with those non folding pegs, a friend of mine managed to rip open the back of his foot as he put it down thinking he was going to high side

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
BladeRash said:
be careful with those non folding pegs, a friend of mine managed to rip open the back of his foot as he put it down thinking he was going to high side
Lesson #1
Do not remove your feet from the pegs. This is not a dirt bike or motard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok we're not claiming to be Rossi's but putting ones foot down as a last resort to stabalize a bike seems to be instinctive to any rider.Ask 250 rider DeAngelis after his brush with death at Istambul Park GP.Other than that pivoting would pose a problem but i guess the pegs are shorter in lenght.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen a real road racing bike other than SuperStock with folding pegs. Every purpose built racebike (i.e. 125/250 GP bikes) has rigid pegs. One aspect is that they are designed to snap off in a crash rather than dig in.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I had to race the first round of the season in 2004 with the stock folding pegs. I HATED them. When you're moving around the bike a lot, you don't want them to fold up; you want to know exactly where they are and not have them move. Ended up safety wiring washers into them so they wouldn't fold.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
tigerblade said:
I had to race the first round of the season in 2004 with the stock folding pegs. I HATED them. When you're moving around the bike a lot, you don't want them to fold up; you want to know exactly where they are and not have them move. Ended up safety wiring washers into them so they wouldn't fold.
That makes sense.

With Drag Racing I like my folding pegs. After the launch I don't want my feet snagging the rearsets on the way up. I enjoy knowing that they are going to fold up and out of my way.

However, I don't have to worry about planting my feet on the pegs in order to stabilize myself in a corner either.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Custom900 said:
Why would you want a set of non folding pegs? That's just asking for a peg to bury itself into the ground and toss a rider.

However, I will likely never know. You have to first lean a bike over that far.
They are more stable, and usually have better grip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts