Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new here so go easy :D

I have done a search of the site but can't find out what i need to know..

I'm asking on behalf of my dad as he's not to good with a pc..:rolleyes:

He has a 2002 929 fireblade...Went to use it yesterday and it will not fire up..Turns over good,fuel pump is priming...Checked all the fuses and even tried the spare key..it was used a week ago with no problems just parked up in the garage then this problem yesterday. We have even tried bump starting it......Any idea's would be appreciated prior to it goin to the dealers..

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check for spark. If it is getting fuel then you only need spark and compression to make it run. Pull a spark plug and crank the starter see if you get a nice blue spark. If not you know where to start troubleshooting.

Since the fuel pump starts its not ignition, engine cutoff switch, or side stand switch. I do not think its a tip over switch either as I believe that cuts fuel also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check for spark. If it is getting fuel then you only need spark and compression to make it run. Pull a spark plug and crank the starter see if you get a nice blue spark. If not you know where to start troubleshooting.

Since the fuel pump starts its not ignition, engine cutoff switch, or side stand switch. I do not think its a tip over switch either as I believe that cuts fuel also.

He has just told me the mil light flashes 9 times...Stops then flashes 9 times again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yup, it's your ignition. 18 blinks, 1 long 8 short means cam pulse generator. It could be unplugged, bad connection or shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts