Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A large scratch has appearing on my tinted visor and I've got no idea how it occurred other than it happened between arriving and leaving work on Monday.

Part of the scratch is directly in front of my left eye and is quite annoying, I'm starting to mentally flitter it out but it occasionally comes back into focus and annoys the hell out of me.

Does anyone know any tricks at repairing the scratch? A friend suggested toothpaste to me today but she thought the scratch was probably too big. Any other ideas before I try the toothpaste anyway?

·
Registered
529 Posts
matt232 said:
A large scratch has appearing on my tinted visor and I've got no idea how it occurred other than it happened between arriving and leaving work on Monday.

Part of the scratch is directly in front of my left eye and is quite annoying, I'm starting to mentally flitter it out but it occasionally comes back into focus and annoys the hell out of me.

Does anyone know any tricks at repairing the scratch? A friend suggested toothpaste to me today but she thought the scratch was probably too big. Any other ideas before I try the toothpaste anyway?
Mother's mag polish, on a soft, DAMP cotton cloth.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
matt232 said:

Buy a shield, I know this sucks but a object in front of your eye is distracting and in my opinion a safety hazard :idunno:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Buy a shield, I know this sucks but a object in front of your eye is distracting and in my opinion a safety hazard :idunno:

:wstupid: :nod: I just buy new ones when they get a scratch that obstructs my view. I just had to buy a new one for my Spec-1R Extreme this week, then one for my girlfriend Spec-1r yesterday.

Dano

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The bloody thing is only a couple of months old and they aren't cheap enough to be buying one every couple of months, if I can help it I'd like to have a go at salvaging it but if not I guess I'll just have to go shopping. :crying:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
the toothpaste idea works pretty good on cds with very tiny scratches but I'm gonna say if its really bothering you then its probably too big for toothpaste. I don't know if the toothpaste will have any affect on the tint. thats the only thing I'd worry about, it shoudl be a problem for the actual visor though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts