Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the normal running temperature of a 01 cbr 929? Usually mine around 175-190F on the highway, but in the city sits around 217F sometimes. Just want to make sure those numbers are resonable.


Thanks,

M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
mbuckley said:
Can someone tell me the normal running temperature of a 01 cbr 929? Usually mine around 175-190F on the highway, but in the city sits around 217F sometimes. Just want to make sure those numbers are resonable.


Thanks,

M

Not sure about the farenheit numbers, but my 01 929 runs at around 80 degrees Celsius on the highway, In city traffic it rises to 104 degrees Celsius before the cooling fan kicks in.. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
mbuckley said:
Can someone tell me the normal running temperature of a 01 cbr 929? Usually mine around 175-190F on the highway, but in the city sits around 217F sometimes. Just want to make sure those numbers are resonable.


Thanks,

M
my 954 runs about that in the city.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
Fire929blade said:
Not sure about the farenheit numbers, but my 01 929 runs at around 80 degrees Celsius on the highway, In city traffic it rises to 104 degrees Celsius before the cooling fan kicks in.. :)

Thats what I'm seeing on my 1000RR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
That is where mine runs also. What the highest temps anyone has seen? I got stuck in traffic on Hwy 84 in Woodside a while back and it was near 100° F outside. My temp got to 235° F. The guy next to me on an F4I was also running in the 230s, and his bike was only 1 day old. Ouch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
kc929rr said:
That is where mine runs also. What the highest temps anyone has seen? I got stuck in traffic on Hwy 84 in Woodside a while back and it was near 100° F outside. My temp got to 135° F. The guy next to me on an F4I was also running in the 130s, and his bike was only 1 day old. Ouch.
Got confused here at the end with all the Celcius/ Farenheit numbers.

You meant 235° F? or did you mean 135° C, which is 275° F? 135° F and my bike is just warming up still.

I saw like 217° F in traffic yesterday in 90° F So Cal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Mine runs a cool 83 degrees celcius while cruising but on a hot day it can go up to 90ish degrees celcius. In stop and go traffic it goes to about 99 - 103 degrees celcius and then you can hear and feel the fan kicking in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi every one, this is my first post in fireblades.org, and I think this is a good subjet to start with. I live in Venezuela, South america. We have very high temperatures almost every where in the country and this is how my 2001 929RR runs in here.

Today I was just runing from Barcelona to Piritu, two cities separate by about 12 Km of highway, and you can travel as fast as you can. You can find few long curves but most of the road is straight, so I like to race in that road over 240 Kph. The temperature here today was 35 degrees celsiuss, and the motorcycle runs in about 84 degrees celsiuss at a top speed (Today) of 245 kph. When I arrived to Piritu (Small town) and stop for a cold beer, while I drive through trafic I saw the temperature was 106 degress celssius.

Sorry to all for my no to good english, and keep the good ride my friends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
929Venezuela said:
The temperature here today was 35 degrees celsiuss, and the motorcycle runs in about 84 degrees celsiuss at a top speed of 245 kph (152 mph). When I arrived to Piritu (Small town) and stop for a cold beer, while I drive through trafic I saw the temperature was 106 degress celssius.

Sorry to all for my no to good english, and keep the good ride my friends.
I like this guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
That is where mine runs also. What the highest temps anyone has seen? I got stuck in traffic on Hwy 84 in Woodside a while back and it was near 100° F outside. My temp got to 235° F. The guy next to me on an F4I was also running in the 230s, and his bike was only 1 day old. Ouch.
I got up to 230 today on my F4i and it was cold out. Is that a bad thing? I just got the bike used and am still learning about it. Is it bad for the bike to get that hot, or what's it mean?

Thanks for all the info!

Nic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,517 Posts
While sitting, 230 F isnt too hot. Normal opt temps are 175-195ish

The fan should come on at around 210~215F so be sure its working.

If you just got this bike, get a manual and do a full fluid change (oil, brake, coolant)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top